In Need of a Demon

"So, Lord Technotuar, I'm very curious." says Jordyn as she refills Technotuar's cup with saki. "What exactly is Oooo?" 

"Oooo has a fucking crazy story." He replies as he glances over at Oooo who is busy absorbing some food. "Ya seem like a smart chica and ya know Oooo isn't the easiest thing to talk to, but Oooo's bad ass knows binary and so do I. From what Oooo told me, a while ago some wizard dude was trying to find some way to heal people and started doing crazy experiments on strange shit. And one day he was doing his thing on some snot from some healing Goddess or something like that and, poof! Out came Oooo. Well, Oooo wasn't the shit this wizard dude was trying to make, so the asshole dumped Oooo into the incinerator. But Oooo is a bad ass an managed to get out before the wizard dude lit it." 

"That's a unique story." Her eyes lock on Oooo. "I've seen many strange creatures during my time out here, but never anything like Oooo." 

"Yeah, we had some strange ones in the Guild." He takes a melancholy gulp from his cup. "Man, I'm gonna miss that place." 

"We all will." says Alan as he come out of the hall. 

 "How is Lady Grania my Lord?" Jordyn asks with a lot of concern in her voice. 

"She's in bedroom three with Rina and Kadlin." Alan moves over to the kitchen island. "She's calmed down, but I know she is devastated. I'm half tempted to just put her to sleep so she can rest." 

"You can do that brah?" inquires Technotuar between gulps. 

"Oh yes." Alan smirks. "This is my existence. I can do just about anything, like make you dance uncontrollably or change the physics till you all fall into your base particles." 

"No shit?" He gets a shocked look on his face and starts to think. "Could you like, make a person or shit like that?" 

"Well, that's a complex question. I could make a body with almost no effort. Making it live, that is another thing entirely. I have the power to make life in this place and I have tried it with very primitive things. The results were mixed." Jordyn lets out a giggle. Alan looks up at her with a sightly angry smile. "Shut it Jordyn. Anyways, a complex lifeform, like a human, brings up some philosophical questions." Alan manifests a cigar and lights it. "Now, I could probably make a humanish body and make it self-sustaining and mobile so it's technically alive if I tried really hard. But it would lack a spirit. So, to answer your question with a question, is a person just a husk that eats and shits, or is a person the spirit within the shell? A deeper real that is beyond the physical?" 

"Dude." Technotuar looks up as he starts to ponder that. "That's fucking deep brah." 

"In all honesty..." Alan suddenly turns his head to the hall. As Jordyn and Technotuar try to see what he's looking at, Alan takes a long drag from his cigar. After a moment, Squeaks slowly steps out of the hall. His eyes still have a hint of confusion, and his walk is wobbly as he stops and looks around. "Hey there Squeaks. Didn't expect you to be out of bed this quick." 

"Hi hi friends friends. I I hope it's not a problem I am up friend Alan Alan." He turns and shuffles towards the table. "I I am not sure how much you know about suspension, but apparently it makes you very hungry hungry." 

"Haha. I bet it does." As Squeaks takes a seat at the table, Alan looks to Jordyn. "Jordyn, can you get some food for Squeaks here? He would probably like one of your calzones a lot." 

"Of course, my Lord." she says with a smile. As Jordyn slips into the pantry, Technotuar gives Squeaks a big smile. "Glad you're up an moving bra. We've all worried as shit about you."