Sympathetic Hug

The portal closes silently behind them. Alan, Kadlin, Grania, Squeaks, Oooo and Rina all stand in a line in front of the temple. Rina glances over at them with a smile. "I'm going to get us a fucking army." Her grass flies off, her root core plunges into the ground, and she races towards the jungles. 

As the group takes a moment to appreciate the calm, Squeaks looks up and notices Hermes in the sky a few miles away. "Hermes Hermes is watching us us." 

Alan nods. "The counsel, and the rest of the Gods for that matter, know this is a big fucking deal. But rather than, you know, help, they're going to watch and make sure it doesn't get out of hand." Alan sighs. "And it will get out of hand." They all look at him and nod in agreement before returning to waiting. 

A half hour later, after some tense chit chat, Grania says "I just had a thought." Her hand falls on her stomach. "Why don't we, ummm, just destroy the temple and get out of here. I mean that means we win, right?" 

"The point isn't to stop him from reaching the goal." Alan's eyes flash Voidal. "It is to fucking kill him once and for all. Everything that's been done was to weaken him and lure him here so I can fucking destroy him. If we don't kill him, he will be back one day, and we will have to deal with this dragon shit all over again." 

Her head lowers as she understands exactly what is about to happen. As she gets afraid, Kadlin puts her hand on Grania's shoulder. "Don't ya worry. It will all work out honey. Me man doesn't lose." 

"I know." She glances at Squeaks then back to Kadlin. "I just hope we live long enough to, ummm, see him win." 

As everyone looks at her and there is a collective sigh. As Squeaks thinks about what will happen, Oooo taps him on the leg. He glances down at Oooo who points up in the sky. Squeaks nods. "We we got company company." 

They wait in silence, all looking towards the jungle covered horizon. As the tension of the incoming battle reaches them, Alan reaches and rubs Kadlin's butt. She rolls her eyes and slaps his hand away. As Alan smiles innocently at his mate, Grania and Squeaks both laugh. 

Suddenly, a large streak descends for the sky and obliterates the jungle before them. As the wall of plasma and debris gets close to them, Alan's eyes flash and the wave of destruction moves around the party and the temple. In the center of the newly created clearing stands Irithor in his full form. As he rolls his neck, a few dozen Gods emerge from the jungles followed by tens of thousands of troops. As the massive army gets into formation, Irithor smirks. "Well, this hardly seems like a fair fight." He says in a most condescending tone. 

"It doesn't seem fair at all." Alan says as he walks out in front of his friends. "But if you know you have no chance, why did your ass show up?" 

Irithor snickers. "Your ego is most amusing." He glances back at his troops. "Remember my minions, the demoness is not to be harmed until Alan is dead at my feet." 

As Irithor keeps giving orders, Alan smirks, looks back at Kadlin and gives her a small nod. She bites her lip as she pulls out the lightning bolt of Zeus she got all those years ago. Her eyes fill with God worthy lightning, and she takes aim. With all her might she hurls the bolt as hard as she can. Irithor looks up at it and gets a little confused as it seems to be sailing well over his forces. It lands in the dense jungle some half a mile away from the rear of his army. As he glances back at the party, a massive bolt of lightning falls from the sky directly where the bolt landed. The lightning materializes into Zeus who grabs the bolt from the ground and smiles. He raises the bolt to the sky and, directly behind him, a massive portal opens and out pours his and Loki's grand army. Irithor, upset at himself for falling into a pincer, looks over at several of his Gods and nods. As they break off with a large part of his army, his focus returns to Alan. "I see there is no more time for words." As Alan pulls out his broadsword, Irithor gets into a battle stance. Behind Alan, Squeaks pops out his phase dragon katars, Kadlin readies her axe, Grania pulls out her newly acquired vibroblade and Oooo rears up, ready to fight. From around Irithor, his forces rush forward. As his forces, led by the God Neit, close in on the party, a hail of arrows and elemntal blasts come from the jungle that is still intact. As they rain down upon Irithors minions, a pack of ents rush forth from the jungles. Standing on the Old One is Rina chugging down the last of her bottle. As the elves, elementals and ents rush from the side, the party rushes head long into fray with Alan heading directly for Irithor.