Chapter 3

So as he said "One," we all were already gone. Running around the neighborhood, we jumped over stuff. Ava, Caleb, Sky, Connor and I, ran around. We stopped for a few to look over our shoulders. For the past hour, it was that way.

After that hour though, I started getting bad vibes. I don't know, maybe it was just me. But we knew that Victor had been getting people since we started hearing screaming when he got people. So as we heard the screams, we ran. 49 people were playing the game, and Victor had tagged 12 people. I didn't think Victor was really that fast, though. I mean he wasn't a fit guy. It's not like he was fat. He was pretty skinny. But he never hit me as fast. So how did he tag 12 people like that? And even so, had more people been tagged?

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

A shriek so loud only meant that someone had gotten tag. 13. We ran to the lake. Step by step walking across the shore, we caught up on a lot of stuff.

"Another 4 years of bullshit then I'm leaving this hellhole of a town," Ava said.

"Yeah, Caleb and I were planning on leaving the country," Sky told.

"You weren't supposed to tell babe," Caleb said.

"It's fine," I said, "But where were you guys planning on going?"

"Netherlands, I mean we both know Dutch," Caleb said.

"You know most people in the Netherlands are quite fluent in English, right?" Connor asked.

Ava scoffed. "Airheads," She called them.

"Well where were you going, Ava?" Sky said, referencing Ava in a snobby way.

"I don't know, I just need to get out of this town. Too many bad memories here," Ava told.

"Ava, we get it, your boyfriend died-" Connor said, but Ava cut him off. "If Natalie died, what would you do? I mean seriously, you say this, but you're not living this. My life right now is a painting without a title and description. You only see what your eyes project," Ava said.

Ava's real name was Avalon. She was 14, like the rest of us. We were best friends since 4th grade, but 7th grade made us closer when we both decided to bleach our hair (Mine pastel blue, hers pastel pink). But my bleach came out and left me with this light shade of blonde. Ava's bleach came out too, but she dyed it so it would stay. Now hers was always going to be pastel pink, cut short. I grew my hair out and I kept it blonde.

Now back to Ava. Ava's been facing insomnia and depression since the death of her boyfriend. Her therapist said it was part of the phases of loss and grief and that the next one would be hope, but Ava said that she hope she dies and that was that.

And as we walked across the lake, I hugged Ava, but she screamed and pointed downward. That's when I saw Jace's body stabbed to death.