Chapter 6

This time, we didn't bother calling the police. We just figured she ran off and went home. So instead, I decided calling her phone. Riiiiiinnnngggggg! Riiiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg. I heard her phone ringing. She wasn't picking up, though. Ava always picks up the phone. So I tried calling back. I put my phone away from my ear to make sure I wasn't hearing my phone. We all looked around. We all heard her phone.

"Follow the noise," Caleb said. All of us were already on that though. It wasn't loud, but it wasn't so low that we couldn't hear it. As we walked around it became closer. The cornfield was the closest place where we could hear it. My parents always told me to never walk into a cornfield, no matter who it is. Unless they're with me. But that was when I was 5. Was I really stupid enough to walk into the cornfield? Were WE really that stupid to walk into the cornfield? Guess so...

~~

I continued calling her phone, and as we stepped closer and closer to the ringing, gliding through the stalks of wheat, we still couldn't seem to find the source of the ringing. But, the source was louder. It was like right beneath us.

I was scared, I didn't know how to get out of here. "Guys, we should get out of here and call 911," Connor said. Tears falling from my eyes, I said, "No, I'm not getting out of here until I find Ava." "Okay, fine," Sky said, "I'm really scared, though. We have to hurry and find her." So I called her again. I realized that it was 8:45 now. It was a little dark now, but it didn't matter. I need to find Ava. So I kept walking with them. "Guys, I don't think Ava is in --" Connor tried to say but was cut off by a loud shriek. "Ava!" I yelled, and started to run. I heard the running behind me, so I knew they were tailing me. I didn't give a fuck though. I kept running. Step by step, foot by foot, gliding through the cornfield. I felt my foot hit something and I fell down. I knew everyone stopped because I didn't hear their footsteps. I heard them all scream. "Guys what is it?" I said, holding my head. But they all looked down, the tears falling from their eyes. And I saw Sky's tear fall from her face unto the corpse of Ava.