Chapter 5

What sick world was this? Did a police officer really just say that? He got in the car with his right-in-command and drove off. Tailing them were the ambulance and every other car that came. "That wasn't as big as I thought it'd be," Ava said. "Yeah, every time I watch those SCI shows on my TV, it totally looks like something big," Sky said. "It's CSI," Connor said. Connor was never a big fan of Sky. He never really could tolerate her stupidity. It's not like she was completely stupid, I mean she did get good grades in school, but she was still an airhead.

We walked away from the lake. We've ran into 7 more dead bodies and kept reporting them to the police. 2 screams. I didn't know who was left. But the police thought it was safe for us to get home. So we did. We all started walking home. But that's when I heard my phone ring. It was the Sedona Police Department. "Hi, is this Natalie Hart?" The man said. A simple "Yes" was all I said. "This is Detective Phry, the police who was there during the first call. Well we examined the cadaver and our forensic pathologist did too. We've come to the conclusion that whoever killed these children, stabbed them to death. We've also concluded that their pretty good with that knife and must be sly to actually get them. I'd advice you kids hurry up and get home," Detective Phry told. "Thank you, sir, we're on our way now," I said. I hung up.

"What happened?" Caleb asked. "It was the police officer, he told me that Jace, Tania, Kit, Laura, Penelope and Ryan, were all stabbed to death, and that we should hurry and get home," I told. I looked around. Someone was gone.

"Guys... where's Ava?"