A Cosmic Screw up Leads to Another World-Part 2

Hikaru's vision went black and when she opened her eyes she was lying in a field.
She sat up and looked around, seeing what looked like a city in the distance. She got up and immediately noticed how her joints didn't hurt and how light she felt. She was tempted to run around wildly and whoop with joy but before she could act on this impulse, she saw a blinking light in the corner of her vision. If she concentrated, she could see what looked like a bubble with 3 dashes on the right hand side of her field of vision and some faint plus symbols at the bottom. The pulsing light was coming from the bubble. She focused on it and what appeared to be a holographic game menu popped up. There was the inventory, messaging, and a map.

The light appeared again, this time over the word 'messaging'

The light appeared again, this time over the word 'messaging'. She focused on the messaging tab and a chat window opened, complete with a mid air keyboard.

"Hello?" The chat said. "Is this working? Can you respond?"

The sender of the message was listed as 'Admin Angel004.004'.

This must be the direct communication the angel was talking about.

Hikaru held her hands over the keyboard and started typing.

"Yes. Sorry it took me a minute to figure out how to open the menu. Interesting interface."

She hit send and a few seconds later came a reply.

"Glad it works. We got the idea from those games and anime on Earth. You can message me directly here if you need help or have questions. You probably noticed the symbols in the bottom of your sight as well. Those are equip slots for magic skills."

Hikaru- "Magic skills? I can use magic?"

Admin Angel004.004- "You can equip spells you learn and only by activating the equipped skill can you do magic. Skills you acquire are on the skills tab in your inventory. There's also an equipment tab, a materials tab, and items tab. I assume the map menu is self-explanatory."

Hikaru- "Yes. I'll be off now. Heading to a nearby town. Thank you for everything." And with that Hikaru closed the chat window and opened the map.

Most of the map was a blank outline except for a small spot label Alastair Plains

Most of the map was a blank outline except for a small spot label Alastair Plains. "I guess it fills in as I go." Hikaru muttered to herself. Which made sense. Hikaru had played many MMORPGs with the same mapping system.

She closed the map and decided to look in the inventory.

She didn't expect to find anything really and was surprised to see her clothes she was wearing listed under the equipment tab with small dots next to each item that had a letter 'e' on them. "Ok... I guess that does make sense in a way." Focusing on the 'tab' icons at the top of the inventory allowed Hikaru to open and navigate each tab. However, the other tabs were all empty.

Hikaru dismissed the menus and focused on her surroundings. She started walking towards the city in the distance, excited to start her new life.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Raiko Sato 17 years old

The Subway. If he hadn't taken the subway he'd still be alive. Not listening to some guy with white-blonde hair and a matching suit talking about reincarnation and meteors and whatever else.

" I don't get it." Raiko said cutting off the angel, "Am I dead or in a VR game?"

The angel sighed, "You died. Heroically, it seems, according to the report."

"Oh yeah," Raiko looked thoughtful as he remembered.

He was exiting the subway when something blocked out the sun. He looked up and freaked out internally when he saw the meteor heading right for him. Then as if in slow motion, saw a woman walking towards the subway.

He reached out instinctively, grabbed her, and before she could protest, threw her back away from the subway.
In doing so he had lost his balance and fallen down the steps to the subway.

"So," the angel interrupted his reminiscing, "If there is something you would like in your new life, tell me now. We're offering everyone one wish in exchange for not praying to 'the boss' about any of this."

"What?" Raiko looked even more confused, if that was possible.

The angel sighed again, rubbing his forehead just above his eyebrows.

"The 'Creator' that most humans pray to, doesn't know about this accident. We want to keep it that way. So, you keep quiet, we give you whatever you want, within reason, in your new world."

Raiko considered for a minute then said, " I don't really want anything... Do I have to be fat?"

"What?" The angel looked stunned. "Well, because of the more immediate and physical dangers in the world you're going to, we have a set standard you physically have to meet. So, it is unlikely you'll be over weight. We can improve you're physical condition if you like."

"We'll, I don't want to be a body builder or anything like that but, I'd definitely like to be more physically fit than I've been." Raiko said, looking more and more excited.

The angel was sure this human still thought it was a game. But he was out of time and couldn't think of a way to get him to understand.

The angel sighed and said, "Good luck." Raiko opened his mouth to say something, but then his vision went black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry this part took so long to publish. I work crazy hours and the last couple nights I just crashed when I got home.

In the next part I intend to have our two protagonist meet. We'll see.

The images were taken from the Zedge app and Google search and are really only a vague imagery of what I see in my mind. A kind of place holder.

Please comment. I welcome constructive criticism but please be nice. Insults are not necessary.