Chapter 5

Pat looked at the gaping hole in his ceiling, his jaw fell open as the realisation of the situation hit him.

"What in the hell?... who the hell done this?"

Tom stirred from his drunken slumber and tried to focus his gaze on the ceiling long enough to realise what had happened, laughter filled the musty room as he tried to contain himself from his crazed excitement.

"Its not even funny...shut up you drunk!"

He  lazily gazed at pat, the tears of laughter fell silently down his crimson, bruised face.

"Sorry mate, that's just too funny."

"In what bleedin' way is that funny?"

"You got robbed, ha karma's a bitch aint' she?"

"Karma....bleedin' karma, I've done nothin' wrong mate."

Tom snorted," Yeah, your a real angel"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, Pat mate come on you're always in trouble with the law and you hang around some of  dead Frankie's ex-goons.

"That don't make me an ass now do it?"

"Yeah, then what about Dom?

"That ain't any of your business."

 "Everybody knows what happened. What you nearly did."

Pat was speechless, no not speechless he was... angry. How dare he bring it up! That happened years ago. Why can't people let it go? After he took him in he says that, well should have left the drunk ass to wonder Rapture see where he ends up in the morning probably dead or worse chucked in jail. He stormed towards Tom, his face red with rage he wanted to hurt something...bad.

"Well you drunk son of a bitch, you can get on out of here then if I'm a real "Angel" then can't yeah."

"Hey mate calm down I w..was only joking about that okay no need to get all angry like."

Pat picked Tom at the scruff of his ruffled shirt and was forcefully dragging him towards the front, cracked door. He thrashed the door open and thrown Tom face first onto the floor.

"Go on then get out of here you worthless ass!"

Tom scatted away from Pat, fear making him quickly sober to realise the potential danger he faced from Pat's wrath this had also made his hasty escape clumsy and to run into a pillar causing a stream of blood to escape his crooked nose.

"I know why you're really kicking me out you get scared when someone always brings it up... Grow up for fuck's sake!" He spat blood onto the floor and ran towards his apartment. The loud echo that followed made Pat wince. 

 Pat sighed and closed his door gently, What kind of person was he... What did Tom mean when he called him an, "angel."? Was he really that nasty?...Well he just did throw the guy out for just saying that and he was well known for getting into trouble with law...No what really made him angry was when he brought Dom up. He never meant to do it why can't people see that? he never meant to! It was an accident.

Pat climbed onto his bed and fell asleep completely ignoring the fact that there was a gaping hole in his roof after all this was Rapture where once angelic buildings were left to rot and crumble into a another pile of once fond memories. Pat dreamed of Rapture of when he first arrived as a child how he was filled with fascination and wonder of the once great underwater city and felt praised to be able to live there with his still living mother that always smelt of freshly picked lavender and baked the best cookies and when he hurt himself she always kissed his bruises and by her side was his loving, caring Pa who used to ruffle his hair and say," smile lad,We forge the chains we wear in life ." That was when everything was simple and happy for Pat, but it would never be like that again now crazed maniacs stalk the halls and living people are to scared to leave, but all the meanwhile the rich and famous sit merrily in their own homes in peace because that's how the surface worked and so that's how it works down here.