Chapter 7

_ . _

Chapter 7

The palace of Athens was livelier than usual. There were magnolia flowers scattered around the garden; some were placed on a watered vase, while others were planted in shaped leaves. The pillars were covered in vines of fragrant roses, where the torn ones had been plucked out of their stems. The chandelier hanging in the banquet hall was so elegant and mesmerizing, with crystals clinging like wedding bells and diamonds clicking like freshly molded jewelry. The marble floor was decorated with red carpet, with tables containing trays of appetizing delicacies as well as a fountain of wine with a statue of a stone serpent.

Unlike mortal royals, where there are countless carriages approaching their palace, the Palace of Athens was swarming with Pegasus, thick clouds descending upon the land with a divine presence standing from its cottony texture, as well as a golden carriage with angels guiding it down as it slowly floated down the land of Athens. It's obvious that the guests are the gods and goddesses of Olympus.

Amongst those lavish entrances, the most eye-catching one was a crystal-clear carriage with a white pegasus. That mystical carriage stopped in front of the main gate as the gods and goddesses paved the way for the person inside the carriage to enter.

The crystal-clear carriage opened. The gods and goddesses were in awe as the social butterfly of the Olympus walked out in grace in front of their eyes. The woman had long, illustrious platinum-silver hair that seemed like luminous snow, with saturated blue eyes shining like a bright full moon and a plump body that seemed like a soft, smooth petal. The woman took one look at the guests, her rosy lips curving into a bewitching smile as she greeted them silently.

 The woman took one look at the guests, her rosy lips curving into a bewitching smile as she greeted them silently

Aphrodite
Goddess of Beauty and Fertility

"It's Aphrodite!"

"I didn't expect her to attend Erichthonius' wedding ceremony."

"What should we do? We better not get on her nerves, right?"

"Aww, I was planning to be the star of this banquet tonight."

"Quit dreaming. We're nothing but pollens in the presence of a butterfly."

"I guess you're right."

"Come, let's enter."

The crystal-clear carriage from behind radiated a soft, clinging sound that halted the divine guests' attention. It became silent for a while, until the crystal-clear carriage illuminated and spread out into a particle, slowly molding itself into the shape of a person. As soon as the blinding light dissipated, the crystal-clear carriage disappeared. It was two men standing behind Aphrodite with smug looks on their faces.

 It was two men standing behind Aphrodite with smug looks on their faces