Chapter 1 - Moving to Forks

Sun shone brightly down on a family of four in Phoenix as they loaded up their truck with suitcases. A dark haired girl was huffing and puffing as she heaved her trunks up one at a time. Her name was Lucrezia Eleanor Swan, who was currently very pissed at her twin sister, Isabella Marie, not doing anything.

Lucrezia sighed. She hated her sister's dramatic and negative self. Bella was now standing still, basking in sunlight as if it's the last time before she is sent to some sort of prison. She was holding a small pot of very askew baby cacti that looked as if it was going to take a quick tumble for freedom.

And there's the another thing. Bella's hate for her own name. Everyone could tell that the twin's mother was going through old-European-name phase when she had them. Renee made sure their first name was italian, and their second name french. Lucrezia liked her name, she thought it made her unique as there was no other Lucrezia she knew of. Bella, on the other hand, flinched every time someone called her Isabella, as if the name whipped her across the face or something.

"Lucy, the phone wouldn't work again!"

Her mother ran down the porch steps and handed her phone to her. Poor mom, she thought, she never was friendly with technology. Lucy glanced at the phone to find it on hold.

"You've put it on hold, mom. And why did you call Mexico?"

"I did?"

"Yeah, look."

They both laughed. "I'll figure it out. You guys gotta be able to reach me and Phil while we are on the road — I love saying that, on the road."

"it does sound romantic and fun."

"If you call crappy motels, backwater towns and ballpark hot dogs romantic."

It was Phil. He was a 31 year old man with athlete's body. He was carrying Bella's suitcases. In Lucrezia's opinion, Phil was a great guy. A bit young, compared to her mother, but the two fit perfectly.

After setting her phone back to normal, Renee hugged her daughters.

"Are you sure you guys want to go? Remember, I'm only a phone call away and I'll come back immediately."

"Don't worry mom, we'll be fine."

Bella nodded, although she knew she regretted saying yes to this in the first place. She hated cold and rain. She was also very awkward around Charlie, their dad, unlike her twin. Her good for nothing, attention seeking twin—in her opinion, no one else's—went back every year for a full month.

That was one of the many differences between the Swan twins. Lucrezia was smart, kind, and wise while Bella was more self-centered. She thought she had the right to do everything she wanted since she thought she is the prettier one.