Chapter 4 - Planning Prom

For the first time since her arrival in Forks, it was a sunny school day. They were all outside basking in the sun enjoying the warmth. Jessica noticed Bella looking around for Edward.

"He isn't here. They don't come when it is sunny."

"What, they just ditch?"

"No, Dr. Cullen takes them hiking or camping. I tried that with my parents. Never worked."

Lucrezia lifted her head lazily from her arms as she heard Angela's excited feet run towards them.

"Guys I asked him! I took control and asked Eric and I'm now going to prom with him!"

A collective 'good for you' and 'nice' came from the girls. They were all feeling a bit snoozy from all the sunshine.

"That reminds me. We need to go dress shopping."

"Can I go with you? I got a book to buy."

Jessica looked at her with you-seriously-talking-about-books-right-now look but nodded. Prom was important to her. Prom with Mike? Even more important. She needed to find the perfect dress and more people meant more opinion. More opinion meant better dress.

 She turned to Lucy who was now practically a melted blob hanging off the bench.

"Are you coming?"

"Of course I am. I need a dress as well. Can't crash a prom without a gorgeous dress."

No one asked Lucy to go to Prom. Well, technically she rejected everyone who asked, and others were too afraid of her polite yet cold rejection. At first she just planned to dress up at home, snap some pictures, and binge watch Criminal Minds. But Eric let slip that this year's prom was Monte Carlo themed. Spiked punch with roulette and poker tables? She wasn't going to miss that.

In a dress shop in Port Angeles, Jessica, Angela, and Lucrezia were scourging through the racks hunting for their dress. They were completely ignoring Bella who looked as if she would rather be butchered than be here. The three girls changed in and out of dresses and asked for each other's opinions, since they quickly found out that Bella was the little ugly duckling that will stay forever ugly and awkward during shopping.

"I think this pink dress is the one for me. Really makes my boobs stand out, you know?" Jessica said as Lucy shoved a pale lavender dress in Angela's arms. 

"We need to find you a big, extravagant necklace for that Jess. A pendant won't do." Lucy said as she pushed Angela into the changing stall. 

"I think it's nice." Bella mumbled, making Jess sigh and turn to her. "You said that exact same line for the last five dresses. Your words don't count, Bella."