Chapter 7 - Monte Carlo of Forks

It was the day everyone's been waiting for. 

Prom day.

Girls were busy making themselves look perfect for the day. Jessica, Angela, and Lucrezia went for a girls' night to have their nails done the night before prom. They parted fairly quickly though, since Jessica insisted that they needed their beauty sleep. 

Lucrezia came home that evening to find her dad polishing up his camera very thoroughly. 

"You never really took care of your camera."

"I need to take the best picture tomorrow, don't I? You will be the most beautiful girl in town tomorrow and I need to make sure I capture that moment perfectly." Charlie said, carefully wiping the lens with a piece of soft cloth. Lucy leaned down and gave him a small hug.

"Well, I'm going to bed early. Jessica practically forced us to have beauty sleep and she'll have my head tomorrow if she sees even the slightest shade under my eyes."

Charlie waved good night and Lucy went upstairs and got changed. Snuggling into her blankets, she closed her eyes.

Lucy snapped her eyes open on the day of prom. She took a long bath and came out in her new pajamas when there was a knock at her door. 

It was Rosalie.

"Alice is helping your sister get ready. I thought you would definitely want some help to outshine her." Rosalie smiled as Lucy stepped back to welcome her in. She took Rosalie's bag from her and set them on her bed. Rosalie looked around in awe.

"Your room is beautiful. Emmett is coming to pick us up later."

"He's taking me as well?"

"I couldn't help overhearing that you were planning to get drunk. You can't drive yourself home, it's too dangerous."

Rosalie sat Lucy down at her vanity and combed her hair back. 

"Trust me, and you'll be the prom queen this year."

Rose did her makeup splendidly with the colours she already picked out. She then curled the long brunette hair in thick waves. 

"Come come, the dress. Show me the dress. No, actually, don't show me. Wear it, and come out." Rose excitedly pushed Lucy to her closet area. 

"I thought you were the 'Ice Queen' of Forks, Rosalie."

"I don't really like anyone in town but you? I like. You're sweet and sassy, and all time adorable. Also, it's been a long time since I last had this kind of gathering. Alice is a bit too hyper for my taste." Rosalie said as she quickly put on her makeup and styled her own hair. She gasped and clapped her hands as Lucrezia stepped up to her in her dress and new heels.

Lucy slightly hesitated, thinking about how Rosalie used the word 'gathering'. It sounded so old-fashioned somehow. But she brushed it aside while putting on her jewelries. 

"And Emmett told me to give you this." In Rose's hands was a bottle of bourbon. She shrugged as Lucy just stared. "It's Carlisle's collection. Purely decorative because he doesn't drink. He wouldn't mind." 

"If he asks anything,"

"Blame it on Emmett. I will." The girls started to giggle like mad as they rushed to a desk in order to pour the liquor into the flask.