Chapter 5 - Bella's Departure

Every students in Forks High were buzzing with a new piece of gossip. 

Edward Cullen and Bella Swan started dating.

Girls were seething with rage and jealousy and boys were not far behind. Jessica practically leaped on top of Lucy and began aggressively shaking her by her shoulders asking for details.

"What on earth happened after we left?!"

"Apparently Edward asked my sister out during that meal. She was gloating ever since she came back home."

That was not all though. Lucrezia thought about what really happened last night. 

When she came back home Charlie was watching something on the flat screen drinking a bottle of beer. He looked up to find a heaping pile of dress, accessories, and a shoe box balanced in Lucy's arms.

"Didn't Bella go with you?" he asked, taking the shoe box and a few shopping bags from her and carrying them up to the attic with her.

"She's not really into shopping. She wandered to a book store alone. We waited for her but after half an hour we were too tired and hungry so we ate without her. Only to find out that she was with Edward Cullen the entire time, ignoring our calls."

Lucy was close to her father and they told each other about their day during the evening. They didn't keep anything hidden from another. She knew that this made Charlie happy, and she even heard him brag about this a little to his friends. 

What she didn't know was that she just made Charlie dislike Edward Cullen even before he met him. Like all fathers, Charlie wanted his girls to meet  good, sensible boys - or girls - who had good manners. An impromptu date which made her family worry was not considered good mannered. And no formal introduction before the first date? When one's daughter is considered an adult, there is no need for that, but when she's a teenager living under his roof, he needs to see if the boy is good enough.

And Edward Cullen didn't meet Charlie's standard in every single way. 

Sure he heard that the boy was good looking, but looks aren't everything. And Bella didn't even tell him that she was interested in someone. When he asked in the diner the other day she clearly said no boys in town really interested her. Then suddenly, she is out late with a boy with him not knowing when she would arrive.

Charlie didn't like this. He didn't like this one bit.

He waited and waited and when Bella walked through the door half past eleven, he was livid. There was something out there that was killing people. Even his friend Waylon was reported missing and he was hoping nothing happened to him, and his own daughter didn't care about her family worrying.

It was late, so he couldn't yell, but he set a curfew as a punishment and sent her upstairs. He rubbed his temples as Bella started banging on the attic door. Thankfully, Lucy didn't ignore the banging and opened the door. He went upstairs to his room to rest as Lucy's hushed yells were heard.

"I know what the Cullens are."

"Everyone knows the Cullens and if they have a secret then I don't want to know about it. You found out, good for you, now get out." Lucy had just got into bed and she seriously didn't want to deal with Bella's nonsense right now. She was too tired and Bella looked half mad with her eyes full-blown with excitement.

"You knew that they were vampires?"

"A what?" Now Bella looked and sounded mad at a hundred percent capacity.