Four

DAWN GREETED THE city as flying taxis zoomed in the air while a girl lay asleep on her king-sized bed, her limbs were all stretched out in various directions as her purple locks covered her face. Her eyes twitched when she heard the beeping cars on the road, waking her up from her deep sleep. 

Munhye groaned, coaxing herself to get up as her hand reached for the remote control on her bedside table. She pressed a button and the blinds retracted itself, revealing the orange tinted clouds through her slanted window above her. 

As she sat on the edge of the bed, a savory smell hits her nostrils. It caused her mouth to water as it smelt like grilled bacon. The latter stood up and followed the smell, leading her to the kitchen where she saw a man stood in front of the stove. Munhye blinked multiple times in attempt to correct her vision. 

She must be hallucinating. If not, then why was there a grown man standing in the middle of her kitchen?
The plates clanked against the marbled counter as the mysterious man set the dish on the table. Just as Munhye opened her mouth to speak, the man turned around as their eyes met, "Good morning!" The latter greeted happily. 

Then the memories from the previous day began flooding Munhye's mind as she recalled the new house member. She internally grimaced. How could she forget such a crucial thing?

"Good morning." She returned, squinting her eyes to see his face clearly. Unfortunately, she had forgotten to wear her glasses since she was too attracted by the appetizing scent. "Come have breakfast. I just finished cooking it." Jay invited, motioning her to come closer. 

The girl was going to obliged but she realized she was still in her pajamas with her horrendous morning hair. Munhye gulped before dashing back into her bedroom, slamming the door shut as she cursed at herself. 
"That was so embarrassing!" 

Meanwhile, Jay stood frozen beside the island as he mulled over his actions. What did he do this time? Did she not like the breakfast? But she hasn't even looked at it? He tilted his head, unable to understand the girl's mind as his face knotted with confusion. A heavy sigh left his lips as he took of the apron and attended the dirty dishes. 

After an hour, Munhye finally stepped out of her room. This time her hair was neatly tied into a ponytail and her previous purple pajamas was replaced by a black suit and skirt. Her right hand carried a leather bag as she walked towards the kitchen. She took a seat, setting her bag on the countertop before pulling the breakfast closer to her. 

It was a classic breakfast. Grilled bacon, one sunny side up, baked beans and a slice of toasted bread. She hastily picked up her cutleries and took a bite. The powerful flavors bursts in her mouth as she chewed her food slowly. It was delicious. She couldn't help but dance in her seat as a wide grin grew on her face. 

She never eats breakfast since she has barely time to cook for herself each morning, resulting her to only drink coffee instead however today was different, Jay had kindly made her breakfast. She deeply appreciated his effort as she took a note to thank him later. 

Her phone ringed, indicating an incoming call. Munhye searched through her bag and answered her phone, "Hello?" The lady asked. She slowly stood up as she nodded to the caller's statement. "Alright, I'm on my way." 

She took one last bite of her meal and placed the plated into the sink, grabbing her bag as she ran towards her exit door. 

The AI, who had been watching her from afar, sighed as he shook her head. How busy..
Jay cleaned after her mess and smiled lightly. At least she enjoyed the meal. That was good enough for him. 

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!🥰

🥰