A Month in Paradise

A week passed quickly and I was tasked to drop Eiichiro off at the organisation's office and then head to the hotel from there.

"That's monstrous," I stated in awe.

The sheer size of the hotel was shocking. It's odd since I usually go through the city nearly every day, but knowing that I'm living in one of those skyscrapers puts things into perspective.

I walked into the lobby and went into the elevator. The glass exterior allowed me to look at the city as I went up.

As I was halfway up, there were only a handful of buildings at my level, but soon that number dwindled down to zero when I got to my destination.

A suite, huh? The Ayanokouji family must make a lot of money if they can let two people stay here for an entire year. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I walked to the large oak door that seemed more like a portal into the world of the rich rather than a door and gave it three consecutive knocks. Soon, a boy with brown hair and golden pupils answered.

"Please come in," the boy said as he left the door open and allowed me to go in. Upon entering, I was asked to come to the office where I found the man I met a week ago.

"I am simply here as a formality. The boy who answered the door was my son, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. I will be leaving now, so feel free to make yourself comfortable," Ayanokouji stated as he walked past me.

I saw his back as he walked off without saying goodbye to his son. He simply ignored him and went to the exit.

I went back to Ayan... it's confusing now. Should I call him Kiyotaka? No, I don't know him well enough yet. I guess I'll still have to call him Ayanokouji.

"So you're Ayanokouji Kiyotaka?" I asked the boy.

He was of medium height. He had quite well-defined features, and his eyes were like that of his fathers.

He also didn't seem to change expression since I met him, but that was only five minutes ago, so it doesn't mean much.

"Yes. How should I refer to you?" Ayanokouji stated without any emotion in his words.

Is it genetic? The way he spoke was more like a robot than a 14-year-old.

"Hmm, just Matsuo is fine. You don't need to call me anything fancy," I told him with a warm smile.

"I see then. Nice to meet you, Matsuo," Ayanokouji took out his hand.

I looked at him in confusion.

"Did I do something wrong? I had read that you normally shake the other person's hand when you meet them for the first time," Ayanokouji asked.

He speaks like a robot, but I guess he's still a kid.

"No. I was just surprised that you were so polite. My own son doesn't have the same manners when meeting new people," I chuckled and shook his hand.

Eiichiro isn't rude or mean when meeting new people, but he gives more of the impression of a normal kid. Ayanokouji gives off the impression of an adult. Maybe that's just how rich kids are taught to behave.

After that, time went on as normal. Ayanokouji went to read a book until it was time for dinner.

"The stuff they have is insane," I muttered in awe.

The produce itself was fresh, but the quality of the meat was what interested me even more. Japan is a place that is commonly recognised for its high-quality beef, but I usually never get such a thing.

"Ayanokouji, what do you want for dinner?" I asked him from the kitchen.

The suite was only one floor, so I could see him from the kitchen.