Interrogation

I heard a knock on the door and went to open it.

I walked there swiftly and went to the large oak doors.

A person with a lost cat? Unlikely.

Door-to-door salesmen? Little more likely, but I can't say.

I turned the doorknob off the door and I crept the door open to where it was big enough for a person to walk through.

I saw a small silver canister fall a little bit behind me, it fell towards the entrance of the hallway that connects the place where Ayanokouji is sitting and where I am standing.

"Ugh!" I was pushed into the room by the man in front of me.

Then, the door closed, slammed by the man in front of me.

What was going on?

Who did this?

Why was this happening?

Thoughts flooded my mind as I stayed down in fear.

Then, that silver canister began to secrete a steam-like substance. It had been a little less than five seconds. I could only focus my gaze on the canister, but my gaze was snapped when I found Ayanokouji walking up to the canister and inspecting it.

The canister gas was large and it looked to be going everywhere, but I looked over at Ayanokouji who had the same expression as he always does. No surprise or sudden movement, he simply inspected the canister like it was some form of toy.

And soon, I couldn't see him.

I couldn't see anything, my eyes stayed clothes to not get the gas in my eyes.

In those 5 seconds, I could do nothing.

But after that... I pass out.

I open my groggy eyes.

A wall. Not a metaphorical one, just a wall. It was a grey, cold wall that stood in front of me. And in the center of that wall was a large steel door. A door that blocked me from leaving, but I wasn't able to move very far anyway. Both my legs and arms were chained together like a prisoner in many films.

I turned and I didn't see anyone besides me. Not the perpetrators, nor Ayanokouji.

I was all alone.

***

I saw a wall in front of me. I turned and saw 3 other similar walls. I tried to move my body, but I was tied to a chair. My arms were tied down and my legs were the same I was able to move my neck, but that was it.

Matsuo wasn't anywhere near me, so I would assume he was either waiting somewhere or is receiving the same treatment as me, but in another room.

Soon, after a few minutes of silence, a tall-looking man came in. He wore some baggy clothes, so I couldn't tell if he had any muscle or not. He had some grey hair, and his face did look on the wrinklie side.

"What do you think about using violence? I think it's something that should be used rarely," the man commented as he opened a cupboard.

He pulled out a police baton. It looked dark and the man looked like he had every intention of swinging it.

"Are you planning on using that on me?" I asked.

Soon, he headed to my back where I couldn't see him, but I felt it. The smooth wind-cutting sound of the baton was first, then the sharp pain in my neck. It wasn't hard enough to break anything, but there was indeed some damage that came out of it.