A Detour

It seems that both Kiyotaka and Matsuo have left now. They aren't at the diner nor is the car parked outside.

He should be coming soon.

It'll only be a few minutes, so I'll just wait.

The topic of conversation had already been decided a while ago, this is just a formality for the aftermath.

"Hello. Sorry for intruding," Tsukishiro walked in with that same smile plastered on.

He walked over and sat on the seat in front of me.

"Do you want to go through with the formalities or just get down to business?" Tsukishiro asked.

"I'd rather not have to stay here any longer," I sighed.

This diner office was just a temporary residence. I remained here so that the butler could come here without much trouble, it saved me time in the long run as well.

"Very well then. What do you want me to do with the people you hired to attack?" Tsukishiro switched to a serious tone as easily as if he was blinking.

"You were the one who recommended them. Do as you wish," I told him bluntly.

The attackers' hiring was a task I had given to Tsukishiro. His connections would allow for some more variety in options, so he was the obvious choice.

"I've been thinking about that. They're not a large organisation in the grand scheme of things, but they aren't small either. They can be useful in the future, so I've decided to pay them and leave them be. Using their services in the future wouldn't hurt," Tsukishiro explained.

I see. That seems like a rational move.

"The information given to them about the White Room was vague as well. The possibility of them leaking anything is close to none, but it is still a possibility. You will take care of them if anything problematic were to happen, right?" I inquired.

They were simply tasked to get Kiyotaka. The White Room wasn't explained at all besides the fact that it was a business of sorts. They didn't even know that I was in charge. However, they can still look into the White Room. It's a slim chance, extremely so, but it is still a chance.

"I've been in this business for quite some time. I know what to do," Tsukishiro responded slightly condescendingly.

Faced with his absolute confidence, I let the matter go.

"As for the other plan, how does it seem to go?" Tsukishiro now asked for the progress on my end.

"It's going according to plan. The butler is a person who would do anything as long as he keeps his position. It's certainly a common way to survive, so I can't mock him for that. Kiyotaka will probably develop an interest soon enough, there is still quite a few months to go," I explained.

Matsuo was a person who has skills that can be seen in many places, he isn't unique by any standards. The reason I chose him was due to his lenient and ambitionless nature. He would do whatever I and Kiyotaka asked if he saw it as a threat to his employment.

In a way, I see myself in him. The thing that separates us, however, is our core nature. He doesn't care about rising as long as he can stay where he is. The ambition he possesses isn't strong, that's the point of difference.

"I see. I trust your judge of character, so the butler doesn't seem to be a problem. Ayanokouji asking the butler to attend the school is a bit of a gamble, though, isn't it?" Tsukishiro pointed out.

"No plan can be predicted perfectly. However, even though Kiyotaka is extraordinary and unlike any other, he still has one thing he's predictable in. His endless curiosity. He'll see the outside world for a year, get accustomed to it, then he'll realise that there is a world of things he can learn which he will be torn away from him. That's the conclusion I've come to," I claimed.