TWO

Apparently, "seeing more of each other" meant two days later at six, the start of Shang Qinghua's shift. It was a particularly hot day so Shang Qinghua was wearing a loose fitting t-shirt that he normally would not be allowed to wear but being best friends with the bar's co-owner's brother had its perks. The fact that it was also a pretty quiet day and no one else was there also helped.

But, if Shang Qinghua knew that Mobei would be coming again today, he would have dressed in his finest clothes (ones that didn't have stains or anime references on it) to impress him and make up for the shit show he showed last time they met.

"Hello. Again." Shang Qinghua said with as little of a stutter as he could muster. All he received in return was a nod of acknowledgement. "What would you like this time?" He asked once Mobei sat down on one of the stools.

"The same as before."

"Alright, I'll get you the same thing you—that crazy expensive bottle of vodka that you left two hundred yuan for?!"

"I do not believe I stuttered?"

"Right, right. Of course. That's a perfectly normal thing to drink two days after you just had a bottle of it. Alcohol poisoning? Doesn't exist anymore. Liver damage? Not gonna happen. Let me just get you that and then go scream into a wall, trying to figure out how the hell you can do that with your ungodly alcohol tolerance. God really does play favourites. Why else would you be completely stacked with everything while I'm stuck here as this." Most of what Shang Qinghua was saying was just rambling to ease the silence around them but since Mobei wasn't telling him to shut up, he assumed it didn't annoy him.

Why does everything he does make him seem so stupidly attractive—

"Here you go. One bottle of vodka." Every word was drawn out in hopes that Mobei would realize he was making a terrible decision and change his order to a martini or a beer. "Hm," Mobei took the bottle from Shang Qinghua and took an extremely large sip of it.

This time, since Shang Qinghua wasn't embarrassing himself by being a bumbling fool, he had the chance to properly watch the man in front of him and take in every one of his features. And oh my–Mobei was loosening his tie. Shang Qinghua's eyes followed where Mobei's hands were going. He saw that although his hands were perfectly manicured, there were scars of varying degrees littered all across it and the bit of forearm he saw.

And with a few fingers, he skillfully loosened his tie and tugged it, along with his shirt, away a bit. How indecent! Shang Qinghua thought, now blushing like a maiden in ancient China. So–So much collarbone exposed! Has he no shame!

Oh, but with the way his shirt was angled, Shang Qinghua got a glimpse of his rippling muscles and thick, thick, neck.

You know what they say, the thicker the neck, the bigger the dic–

"So how rich are you, anyways? Because normally people don't go around buying bottles of expensive vodka every other day and also don't leave two hundred yuan to pay for it and then not want their change back." He said, distancing himself from his thoughts to not slip up like he did last time.

"Hm, depends." Mobei said.

"Depends? What the fuck does depends mean!?"

"You will find out. Eventually."

Hah, this man.

Shang Qinghua rambled on a bit after that, no longer to ease the silence but because he was comfortable is Mobei's presence. And not once did he tell him to stop!

———————————————

Eventually, a comfortable, non awkward silence returned and this time, Shang Qinghua didn't try to fill it. It was nice–calming, even, that he completely forgot that he was dressed like he would be at home in a loose fitting, low cut top that showed off part of his chest.