Holding On

Bellamy watched as Murphy paced on the first floor of the dropship. "I'm sorry." He spoke, growing tired of the silence.

"Then do what I said!" Murphy growled, shooting at the floor.

"Bellamy? Are you okay!?" Miller's voice came through the radio.

"Want to let them know that you're alive?" Murphy asked. "Start tying." He tossed the seat belts from the ship towards Bellamy.

"It was just a misfire. Get back to work and stop worrying about me, and tell Raven to hurry her ass up." Bellamy replied after Murphy pressed the talk button on the walkie-talkie.

"That enough." Murphy sat the radio down. "Tie those two ends together."

Bellamy did as he was told.

"Good now, get up and toss that over."

Once Bellamy had tossed the belts over a large pipe coming from the ceiling, he fully realized that he had just tied his own noose.

"What do you want me to do? I've already apologized." Bellamy said, tossing his hands in the air.

"You've got it all wrong. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt, and then, I want you to die."

"Then beat the hell out of me."

Murphy let out a chuckle, as he moved a stepping-stool under the noose. "Stand on this, and put that over your head."

"This is insane. What if the grounders..."

"Shut up! Or I will shoot you!"

Bellamy stepped onto the stool then put the noose around his neck, but kept his hands on it. "Happy now?"

"You're so brave, aren't you?" Murphy began circling Bellamy. "I mean, you came in here thinking you were just gonna turn this whole thing around, that you were stronger than me, and maybe one of your friends would come and help you." He chuckled, then stopped in front of Bellamy. "What are you thinking now? Hmm?" He asked, then punched Bellamy in the gut.

———

"Are we going the right way?" Clarke asked as Lincoln led them through the tunnels.

"Yes," Lincoln replied.

"This can't be the only way, check the map." Clarke pestered.

"Listen, if you want to get back before your people are slaughtered, then this is the only way," Lincoln whispered, getting closer to Clarke than she would have liked, looking at her with intense brown eyes, that momentarily reminded her of Bellamys.

"Okay." She replied.

There was a loud thud and the three quickly moved forward then ducked behind a huge rock, once they saw fire.

"What the hell...?" Octavia began.

"The tunnel on the right. That's where you need to go, it'll lead you towards your camp." Lincoln instructed. "Here. Take this." He said, handing Octavia his blade.

"What? Why?" She asked.

"To protect yourself." He gave her a small smile.

"Wait, what are you going to do?" Clarke asked.

"I'm going to lead them away. So you can have a chance to get out." He replied.

"What? No! Lincoln, you can't... I just... you can't..." Octavia rambled but was interrupted by Lincoln pressing his lips to hers.

"I love you." He said while pulling away.

"Lincoln, you can't do this," Clarke spoke up for her friend.