Chapter 8

_ . _

Chapter 8

Though the guests were shocked by the fact that Medusa's child was wed to Athena's son, they still couldn't resist the opportunity to redeem themselves to the others in the banquet in order to obtain more power among the Olympus. As they took a quick glance at Samael, what came to their minds was that, Ah, he's just a prisoner here in Athens. There's nothing different between a chained snake and a serpent for decoration.

On the other hand, the wedded partner was just fixated on their places, staring at the guests like they were just a bunch of ants trying to maintain their livestock. At that moment, Samael, who was standing beside Erichthonius, felt a gaze that was focused on him since he had made a hasty appearance at the banquet. He shifted his gaze to the west side of the balcony, welcomed by the eyes of three people who were smiling at him.

Samael arched his brows and leaned on the chair of the young king. "Would you look at this celebration? Everyone's judging us from the strand of our hair down to the tip of our toenails," he murmured as he sat down on the arm of the king's chair. "I'm tired of standing up."

"......"

Samael can feel a sharp gaze on the other side of the banquet. He shifted his gaze east and saw his two sisters looking at him in contempt. "Pfft!" Samael covered his mouth, but his mocking laughter was seen by his sisters, their beautiful faces turning more and more hideous as they became raged.

"......."

Samael redirected his gaze at Erichthonius, who was just staring down at the guests. Samael hid his vicious expression at the thought of wanting to slice his king's throat at the very chair in which he's sitting and leaned forward to his face, "Hey."

Erichthonius frowned, but he still looked at Samael. "My king, can you order your servant to get me a chair so I can sit beside you?" Samael said with a smile.

The young king frowned even more and turned his head away. "Who said you could come here? I never said for you to come here anyway."

This bastard... He's acting like a fucking brat. "What? So I can't attend our wedding ceremony? Is that what you're saying?"

"......"

Samael sighed. For some reason, he wanted to grab his chakra and kill this man right now, but he couldn't. Perhaps it was Athena warning him not to hurt his son, or maybe his instinct was saying that he shouldn't get on Erichthonius' nerves. Either way, Samael knew the fact that he had no power in Athens. No matter what he does or how many times he tries to resist Athena's protection, he can never win, just like he can't slice a mountain in one strike.

"Tsk." Samael rolled his eyes and leaned on the back of the chair with a frown. "If you don't get me a chair, I'll just continue to sit here."

"......."

"Hmm." Samael glanced down at the hods and goddesses conversing with each other. Some were showing off their wealth, the treasures they obtained, and the abilities they possessed. Either way, they were no different than human nobles, who crave power more than anything. It was so suffocating to watch them, as if he were watching different insects trying to kill each other to gain superiority. "From the looks of it, you don't have power in Olympus, don't you?"

He felt Erichthonius' hands flinch. Samael's lips curled into a smile, followed by Erichthonius' deep voice whispering to his ear, "Do you want your head flying?"