Chapter II

So what Shidou said was the truth...He thought to himself.

Reo went back to his car and drove away from Nagi's apartment. He felt miserable but he didn't hate Nagi. He thought that maybe it's because they are close friends or something...more? But never mind that. He didn't think about overthinking since it doesn't suit him. Well, because of what he just witnessed today, he just took an absence and rested in his bed quietly. He doesn't mind Nagi hanging out with Isagi but he doesn't like it when Nagi don't prioritize him first. He felt selfish but that was part of his life as a Mikage.

.

.

The next day, Reo woke up with someone preparing breakfast for him at the kitchen. He hoped that it was Nagi but it wasn't. It was Ba-Ya with Hiori. Hiori is one of his childhood friend before he met Nagi, Precisely, Nagi had never met Hiori, not even once. Maybe that's because he never cared about Reo's personal life.

"What are you both doing here? Didn't even bother calling me." Reo got up and stretched his arms out.

"Good morning to you too, Mikage." The boy sounded grumpy but his voice remained soft as a snow.

"Mhm, I'll leave now, I might miss my early classes." He said while getting his bag 

"What about breakfast? Don't tell me you won't eat again because you have to wake up that guy you've been head over heels for?" He said with irritation yet concerned.

"Not today. He has someone else waking him up now." He replied but before he could touch the door knob, Hiori uttered something.

"That's good." He looked at Reo with his eyes closed and smiling from mouth to ear.

Good? What is good about that?...

.

.

Reo arrived in front of the university's gate but when he was about to enter someone grabbed his shoulder. It was a familiar hand, so he turned around to see who it was.

"Nagi?" He said being worried about Nagi since he's full of sweat now.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" He mumbled still out of breath from running.

Reo felt relieved and just released a chuckle from what Nagi just said. "Sorry, I thought Isagi was gonna wake you up this time since he was there yesterday."

"What? No. He just bought me drinks since I told him that I woke up early and I was craving for something."

Before looking back again at Nagi, Reo huffed and said "oh" with a low voice. If he woke up early and was hungry why didn't he look for Reo? Why was Isagi the one he contacted first? Why didn't he just chat Reo and asked for food so he could cook for him?

"--o!"

"Hey Reo!"

He snapped back to reality when Nagi was shaking him. He was obviously spacing out since he's been thinking about it. After realizing that Nagi had already left and bid farewell to him earlier he started to walk towards his school building and went to his room. He was quiet the whole time and didn't even bother participating in the recitation that the professor held. After the class ended he went downstairs to get food from the cafeteria. Surprisingly, there was a lot of people. Usually, people don't buy from the cafeteria since it's very crowded and people hate other people's odor. When he was about to go outside the cafeteria, he heard someone gossiping about a certain familiar topic.

"Did you know? The handsome guy from the Computer engineering, Nagi Seishiro is dating Yoichi Isagi? I can't even believe it when someone announced it at the other building's club!"

"Aw man! Isagi is really good looking. Well, not that it matters. They suit each other anyways!"

His heart sank. Who now? Nagi? and Isagi? The two of them? dating? impossible. That's just pure speculation. If the two of them really started dating, Nagi would tell him first. It's just a rumor... It might be false information...He tried to deny it. He rushed outside the cafeteria to avoid all of the gossips concerning Isagi and Nagi. He heard enough. He was angry, sad, and jealous. But he doesn't have the right to be. Who was he to Nagi? He was just a best friend. Nothing more. He should be happy for them. but fuck it he can't. Not when the guy he loved for 10 whole years was literally dating someone else other than him.

.

He met Nagi outside of the university. He acted normal with his usual self. He thought again, why does Nagi looks so clueless about the rumor going on? Hasn't he heard it? Why isn't he complaining about it? He hates it when other people are talking about him. But Reo realized something, and that was the worst theory he came up with.

Was he not bothered because the rumors were true?

"Nagi."

"Yeah?"

"Are you really, dating uh...Isagi?" He sounded tired

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Who told you?" Nagi looks puzzled and his face looks like he just made the worst decision in his whole life.

"Oh, uh just heard the rumors from my building." He replied with his head down and walking while his bag is on his shoulder resting.

"Oh alright." They both went home while awkward silence was following them. Nobody said anything. It was a loud silence.

.

.

Reo laid down on his bed and stared at his phone for a while. He loved Nagi so much that he wanted to get rid of his feelings for him. He doesn't want it to live on if it's not gonna get reciprocated. He would just rather get rejected than getting his hopes up, not when Nagi literally has a boyfriend now. He doesn't even wanna go to the campus the next day since Isagi and Nagi was the hot topic of the whole university. He scrolled down through Twitter and just kept swiping until one post caught his attention.

A bartender on a gay bar?

To be honest it sounded worth the shot so he applied in. He wasn't expecting to get in so easily?. He met all of the requirements so maybe that's why they hired him so fast.

.

.

Since it's the weekend, Reo tried his first day at his first job. He was getting ready when someone suddenly groped his ass. He felt flustered but angry at the same time.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Reo might've sounded harsh.

"Oh my bad, didn't know you were new. You should probably get used to it." The man with a glasses said and hurriedly left. The only thing Reo saw was his name tag.

Yukimiya.