wrapped around her finger

✶ 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔬𝔫𝔢  ⌢ wrapped around her finger ˇ !

✶ 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔬𝔫𝔢 ⌢ wrapped around her finger ˇ !

Incandescent sunlight streamed through the silhouettes of large trees, dancing throughout the long grass and around the girl's body, filling the once darkened atmosphere with refreshing light. At the sudden intrusion of the sunlight, Caroline startled awake, rubbing her eyes. The girl had instantly made notice of the her bare figure. She instantly tensed, and tried to cover herself before her ears picked up the sound of distinct rustling.

Caroline stiffened as she saw a man toss her garments wrapped with a short but breathable red dress, which she had quickly slipped over herself. Embarrassed, she exhaled, and looked up at the man whose gaze was still turned. "Oh. You can turn now, lijah." She spoke, as the man shifted his view to her.

Elijah furrowed his brows before sighing, "did he not turn back ?," he inquired. Caroline furrowed her brows, confusion coating her pretty features. Elijah rubbed his eyes. "Your bloody soulmate, sweetheart. The full moon came and went. It's been a day." He stated, as she blocked out his other words, and exhaled in relief, "I can turn at free will?," She breathed out.

He frowned. "Had it been painful for you? Are you alright now?," he asked, Caroline only smiled at him and shook her head. "I am a little sore, but it's nothing too serious. But what about my 'bloody soulmate'?," she hummed.

Elijah sighed and began walking with the girl, who was patting down the light dress. "He turned and I know for a fact that he must've seen you at some point in wolf form, but it seems he didn't transition back yet." He sighed. "I've been cleaning up his blood trails," he clicked his tongue. Caroline only shrugged, a small yawn leaving her lips. But then she paused. "But I hadn't seen him at all?," she retorted.

She then tried to remember what had happened when she began her transition. "I barely processed anything.. the transition started, ended.. I did find him in the woods.. and we.." she dragged her hands down her face in horror. "Oh we—uhm.. yes, I guess I did meet him in the woods." She murmured, ignoring the man's amused chuckle.

"Once I had found you, I assumed he would've transitioned back with you. Seems like this isn't yet over." He sighed, the small smile he had leaving his face.  Caroline nudged his arm, before linking their arms together. "You'll get your siblings back Eli, but you look like you could use a slight break." She smiled softly, once noticing the burned out look in the man's sepia brown eyes.

Scatters of light brightened his once pitch black view. Klaus looked up to the melting sight of sun on the horizon, and blinked harshly, his eyes adjusting to the sudden brightness of everything. He sat up, but before he could process anything, someone throws clothes at him.