16

Dear no one,
Bright lights blinding my eyes is the first thing I saw when I woke up. I will never forget that day. The day I found out who I truly was. The day the one person I cared about got taken away from me. I stopped thinking of her for one day.... one day.... and she disappeared. You don't know what you have until it's gone. Sometimes you have to lose something to find out if you even wanted it in the first place. I had gone to the coffee shop in which we have met except my dark thoughts were crowding my brain that I wasn't thinking of her. I went into that coffee shop forgetting she ever existed. When I got home I suddenly remembered, but it was too late. I remembered what she had told me

"oh ash, YOU'RE the one turning yourself good. I'm only getting you worse, and when I'm gone... when you stop thinking of me, when you leave me, I would have only been a distraction"

I instantly went back to the coffee place and looked for her except she wasn't there. I looked everywhere. I started going insane. More than I already was. 2 months after looking, I filed a missing report on her to the police. Mistake. Turns out no one in the city matched my descriptions for her. No one in the city had her name. No one had ever seen her. I remembered I took a photo of us before so I showed the police. And all they saw in the Polaroid was a picture of me with some empty space next to me. That's when I saw it. I blinked. And all I saw was a crazy person. But that's what I am. No one can change that. When I thought she changed me, she was right. She made me worse. Because someone that doesn't exist can't make you feel better.
- Ashton

"so... it was me? The drunk that killed my parents... ?" I asked the officer who was struggling to keep me calm.

"your fingerprints matched the results, I'm surprised you kept hidden away for that long"

"and the girl? Is she okay? Did you find her?" He sighed as I asked.

"she's not real"

"what are you saying officer?" I cried out.

"what i'm saying kid, is that most of your memories with her were dreams. The rest, well, hallucinations. Sorry but she doesn't exist" he started to put chain cuffs on me and aggressively put me in the back of his police car.

"I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT! SHE'S REAL! I KNOW SHE IS! I ..... I felt her.." I began to cry out as he drove away sending me to the place where I truly belonged. An asylum.