VI: An Unlikely Shift

The standard uniform for Beyond Designs was unusual. Though the store was already unusual, the uniform took it to a whole new level. Everyone had to wear brown lab coats with a custom-made t-shirt with Wilson's face. His face was a very forged smile with a dialogue box saying, 'Please buy our products!!!'

But the really unusual part was the pants.

Because they weren't really pants, but cheap cloth wrapped with a metal stab around it, made by a random guy called Joe. It was, however, called the Lipsps. A thin string was glued directly on a metal stab to hold the cloth, but it was so comically large that Kris figured it could wrap around the entire country and still not connect to the end.

But Joe, ah Joe, he said this was all purposeful.

See, Joe was a heavy lad. No offence to him, but he could never fit in the door, nor did any pants he bought fit. That is why he created the Lipsps, which, if placed underneath the pants, would expand the clothing to a large size for anyone to fit. Vise versa, over the pants, it would shirk the fabric.

Of course, this was complete bullshit, and it did not work like this in the slightest.

All the Lipsps did was tighten the fabric while being extremely uncomfortable and unbearable. Also, walking around made you feel like a hand was always grabbing your hips as you moved forward.

This is why, Kris managed to convince that female workers should only be required to wear brown lab coats and regular jeans. Surprisingly -probably due to his desire to keep his first new worker in God knows how long- Wilson allowed the idea without any conditions.

Nolan did throw a fit over that. "Why don't they have to wear this lame design too?" He shouted at Wilson but stopped when he sat down Nolan and whispered something in his ear. After which, he became content with the exceptions Kris and Steph gained.

But despite Kris's strenuous efforts, Steph wanted to wear the "proper" uniform.

"If you turned the cloth into a skirt, wouldn't it look cute?"

"Maybe if the shirt we had to wear wasn't my creepy old brother's face," Kris said coldly.

"Hey," sounding annoyed on behalf of Wilson, "Don't be mean to your brother. He's doing something nice for us by letting me work here. Apologise."

"To him?"

Steph shook her head. "No silly, to the Wilson inside your head!"

Kris made a very interesting face at that comment.

"Do it." Step commanded.

'...Sorry, Wilson, the one who lives inside my head.'

Even though Kris didn't say she apologised, it was like Steph read her mind with how she quickly smiled, "That's much better."

Although, Steph had a habit of doing stuff like that. The most notable example was the sleeping arrangements. Kris never needed to sleep alone, but it rubbed her the wrong way to sleep in the same bed as another woman, especially Steph. And, without saying that, Steph suggested out of nowhere to sleep on the floor, allowing her to lay peacefully alone in her bed.

This rubbed Kris the wrong way further. They then decided to take turns of who slept on the floor and who didn't.

But her mind reading made Kris wonder how much her body language revealed about herself, at least to Steph.

Regardless, Steph quickly skipped over to Wilson, leaving the changing room to, probably, ask how to turn the bottom half into a skirt. Then, quite comfortable with her uniform, Kris walked out of the changing room and decided to talk to Nolan, who was downstairs.