Part 21 / The End / Done

Note: A one-shot of this story is coming ... The ending is different.

Chay>

It's been months since Kim left us. I have gotten used to it being just Macau and me. We were at the family dinner we have every other week. Macau and I were already sitting at the dinner table in our little world. Everyone came in and sat down when two people entered the room. It was Kim and some guy. They looked ready close. Macau and I looked at them, then back at each other. I whisper to Macau.

"What the hell?"

"I don't know."

Macau>

Chay and I have been good together. I love being with him. It feels like old times again. We were talking and having fun when we looked up and saw Kim with some guy. Chay and I were confused about what was going on. We watched Kim and this other guy for a while. I looked at Chay. Chay looked at me, and then we looked away from each other. I looked at Vegas and Pete and smiled to let them know I was okay with this. Chay did the same with Porsche and Kinn. Chay and I looked at each other and smiled. I made a little sound on my glass, and Chay and I got up. We held hands and looked at everyone with a smile on our faces.

"Chay and I have been talking again about moving in together, and we have been talking about getting married, too. And Chay has said yes to both."

Everyone got up and came over to congratulate Chay and me, but Kim froze in his seat. He didn't even look our way. I knew we were done, never to go back to what we had. I knew this had something to do with the Knights, but I'm staying out of it. I was happy with Chay, and we didn't need the added stress; we're happy again, and that's all that matters.

Kim>

I watched Chay and Macau for a long time before I entered the room. I knew I needed to let them go before something bad happened to them. The day I left them, I knew there would be an ultimatum. I was told to let them go, or they would be taken from me. So I must put on a good show for them and let them be happy together like before me. After they made their announcement, I wanted to scream, what about me? But I knew this was for the best. I sat there and didn't move because I had eyes on me the whole time, making it even harder. The Knight next to me was watching my every move. I had to protect Chay and Macau one last time. It made me happy to see them safe and sound. Moving on with their life. As long as they are happy, that's all that matters to me.

The End