Chapter 5 - The Dinner

Jaemin Park (Jimin's Dad)

Why Yanlin why ? why do you want my innocent , flower-like child to marry that Jeon bastard. I have worked so hard to give my only child a normal and happy life . I have always protected my precious doll from the monsters of the world. But all my hard work went in vain. Now my Jimin is going to be the part of THAT world.

"Yoongi, I need to talk to you about something that's been bothering me for a while now," I finally spoke to my friend who have been with me since morning to prepare this goddamn dinner.

"Of course, Jaemin. What is it?", Yoongi asked, while making sure the table has been set properly.

"It's about this whole wedding thing. I should have told you this before", I said feeling little guilty that I did not talk to him about this in the first place.

"You are not happy about this marriage because you don't want our Jimine to get married in the family who actually rules korean crime syndicate with Jungkook as hier. Yes I know this", Yoongi stated as matter-of-fact.

Why I am not surprised, of course he knows what's going in my mind.

"Don Yanlin wants this union to happen because he thinks it would be better if Parks and Jeons work together and to solidify this partnership he suggested that our children should get married to each other", I finally uttered.

"Hmm..well no one can defy him...so you have no other choice my friend", Yoongi stated being a stoic that he is.

"Thankyou for stating the obvious!" I replied somewhat harshly.

"Think of this way, you are marrying our doll to the guy who will be the most powerful man in the whole South Korea..."

"Exactly, in 'South Korea' not whole Asia or whole world", I cut Yoongi. "I just want my doll to have a life far away from this world, I wanted a nice, simple guy for him not a fucking heir to the South Korean mafia. Also, Jungkook is not kind of a guy who will be happy just with Korea. I know for sure, he has bigger dreams...I am worried for my son, Yoongi. What if someday someone tried to get Jungkook through him?"

"Jimin has me, you and now Jungkook... don't worry nothing will happen to him", Yoongi tried to reason.

"I know, I know. But I just can't shake this feeling. I never forced Jimin into something and epecially I never wanted to force my doll for choosing the life partner", I replied back.

"See if you ask my opinion, I am happy that Jimin is marrying Jungkook and not just any nice guy who will most likely to fail in protecting him when the time comes and you should not be worried because the lucifer himself gave the blessings for this union", Yoongi said.

I took a deep breath and lets out a sigh of resignation. "if ever something happens to my doll, because of Jungkook, I will kill him and that goddamn lucifer! ".

"Maybe you can kill Jungkook but surely not Yanlin", Yoongi patted me on my back and smiled.

"Yoongi, are you my friend or Yanlin's fan girl?", I teased him who in return scoffed at me.

"Sir, Mr. Jeon has arrived with his son", one of my househelper informed me.

I gave Yoongi a look which says let's get done with this.

.

.

.

.

Author's POV

Both Jeons and Parks have gathered for a formal dinner at the Parks's family home. Tensions are high as the families meet for the first time, each with their own set of expectations and reservations about the union of their children.