Chapter 8 - Seoul Meeting

Author

Finally, the long wait is over. Namjoon's plan is taking a big turn. Today is the day that will decide the future of Kim Namjoon and the Asian Crime Syndicate.

It was around 11:04 pm, night was quite dark as a chilling breeze swept through the neon-lit streets of Seoul.

As Namjoon along with Jackson and Taehyung entered in an alleyway heading to a traditional Korean restaurant.

But in the middle of the walk, they were stopped by black-suited men. They were designated henchmen of the syndicate. One of the henchmen asked Namjoon to come with him. Jackson and Taehyung had to wait in the restaurant.

Namjoon and Jackson exchanged a look that conveyed each other to be cautious before the henchmen asked Namjoon to move forward.

They took stairs which were going beneath the restaurant.

Upon entering the premises, Namjoon saw the most powerful Asian crime syndicate leaders had gathered in a dimly lit underground room, the atmosphere seems to be tense, charged with an air of danger and secrets.

He noticed that the room was adorned with paintings depicting the scenes of the battlefield, and antique furniture, a stark contrast to the dangerous men that occupied it.

Then his eyes fell on the enigmatic and ruthless Don Yanlin, the formidable head of the Triad, the largest and strongest Asian mafia syndicate.

Don Yanlin, dressed in an impeccably tailored suit, sat at the head of the massive dark wooden table, exuding an aura of authority.

To his right and left were the leaders of the top crime syndicates from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Thailand, Vietnam, North Korean officials, South Korea, India, Russia and other Asian countries. Each guest bore the emblem of their respective syndicates, a symbol of their power and influence.

They all noticed the new guest and how his dragon-like eyes was surveying the room with an almost predatory manner. None of them failed to show the disregard for the new guest, especially Hu Feng who was sitting on a wheel chair due to his injured leg.

Among the assembly stood Jeon Jungkook, inheritor of the Korean mafia and the youngest member.

Don Yanlin, his voice a potent mixture of authority and control, addressed the assembly. "Gentlemen, though this should have been a quarterly meet-up but we gather here today to discuss a matter of great significance - the Golden Triangle. It has come to our attention that our operations in that region have been compromised."

The atmosphere in the room grew even more tense as the some members expressed their astonishment and some members expressed concerns about the audacious heist carried out by none other than Kim Namjoon.

Khun Somchai, the leader from Thailand, couldn't hide his frustration and said "Don Yanlin, we are becoming a laughing stock in the Western mafia world. A 28-year-old nobody has humiliated us. Our reputation is on the line."

Mr. Tanaka of Japanese Yakuza, a man of few words added, "Our rivals will exploit this weakness. We must act decisively to restore our honour."

Jeon Jungkook nodded in agreement. "We cannot allow this threat to fester especially when the threat is a low-life thug."

Kim Namjoon, who had managed to secure an invitation to the meeting through his audacious heist, watched like a silent observer to the discussions and the insults thrown at him. However, he showed no emotions on his face.

Don Yanlin, known as the Dragon of the Triad, remained composed, his piercing gaze shifting from one leader to another. "Before we decide on our course of action, I want to hear from Kim Namjoon himself. How and why did he carry out this audacious heist?"