Chapter 51 - Complicated morning

The day stayed rainy like it was at four a.m. Diesel's shrieks woke up Sin, and in turn, they woke Sage, who, unlike at dawn, was actually very melancholic.

SAGE'S POV

"What the fuck is all this noise about?" My pillow left me, taking all the warmth with it. I shivered for a bit in the bed, trying to find a comfortable spot to fall back asleep, but every spot I touched was frigidly cold.

"Quiet, quiet, you ass!" A weird voice chastised the noisy people in the hallway.

"AH, Cra Cra!" Ray Ray's psychotic noise pulled me back from dreamland, and I slowly got up, all wrapped up in my blankets, and left my room to check on the matter.

"What the hell were you yelling your sister's name for? She's had a rough night so keep it down." Dad scolded Diesel in a hushed whisper, probably afraid of waking me up.

If only he wasn't my missing pillow, it would have worked.

"Rough night? Yeah, I bet she did. And I had a rough wake-up call, getting books thrown at my head for stopping a thief from stealing my gold chain. That bird is crazy!" Diesel sneered at dad and pointed at Ray Ray, the cause of all the problems.

"Quiet, you ass!" A green parrot yelled from the window where he and Ray Ray were standing.

"And that asshole brought another bird over to keep annoying me!" Diesel argued more, and I felt a headache coming.

"I told you to keep your voice down. And now that the bird turned against you, you aren't laughing anymore. Serves you right." Dad declared and turned his back on Diesel, whose face was swollen, and his forehead was bruised.

Dad shook slightly upon seeing me and took a step back, not expecting me to be right behind him, though upon seeing his stupid mistake, he quickly covered it up with a hurried exclamation: "Sage! Dear, I didn't notice you were there." And with a smile, he walked to my side, remembering to keep a pinch of distance between us like I usually do.

"You left. I got cold right after," I mumble, almost not recognizing my own voice.

That wasn't the whole reason why I was up, but it was close enough. I spent the entire night after breaking the bottles dreaming about my mother. She kept telling me to forgive dad, that I would need him soon enough, and the bad feeling that something terrifying would happen soon didn't leave me.

In my dream, she ditched me in the rain. In real life, she left me as well through death, and when dad got up, I was afraid that he would leave me too, so I almost automatically woke up.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I didn't want your brother to wake you up." He humbly mumbled and carefully hugged me, trying to see if I would pull away or allow him to be.

I felt tired, my body weighed me like a ton, and the wind that entered from the open window traversed through my bundle of blankets and clothes as if I was wearing nothing, so I rested my head on dad's chest, relying on his warmth to stop my body from shaking and my teeth from rattling.

"I want to go to Blaze today," I mumbled when I felt him wrap his arms more securely around me.

I feel that if I don't enjoy this little time I have with her that I'll never get it back, that I'll never see her again, and that I'll have nothing to remember her by. I don't want the same thing that happened to my father to happen to me.

My mom... I keep dreaming of my mom, and she always says the same things. Some words may change, but essentially it's always the same message: 'Enjoy while you can and forgive your father,'. That's what she always tells me. Despite that, the dreams keep getting a bit more violent every time. Either the storm that's ensuing in the background becomes stronger, or moments before I wake up, when my mom disappears, a pool of blood is left behind. But why? I don't understand anything, and it's leaving me drained!