15: Dorm Meeting

"Kenma, I'm getting restless! You don't know how badly I want to cuddle bokuto at this point." He whined. "It's too much, I'm telling you!"
Kenma listened to Kuroo eagerly talk about his day, as he sat in his lap playing on his nintendo. They did this usually everyday, boyfriends or not. Kuroo would talk all about his day and the things he wished he could do, and kenma attentively listened, even though he looked like he didn't care. "To be honest, I'm getting restless too." He looked up at Kuroo. "Exactly! We have to do something — and I want it to be really special." He proclaimed, looking around their room. "Heartfelt, too." He added, as Kuroo played with his hair.

A couple hours later ...

Bokuto swung the door open, having just come back from volleyball practice. "I'm home!" He yelled out, dropping his volleyball in its little basket, and stumbling out of his shoes before noticing kenma and kuroo sitting in the living room together, accompanied by Akaashi. "What's going on—?" Akaashi shrugged, as kenma motioned for him to come and sit. "We wanted to um, talk with you guys." Kenma told them, as their ears both perked up. "Have you guys heard of polyamorous relationships?" Kuroo explained. "It's when you have multiple different partners, in one relationship together. With consent from all parties, of course. And, well.." He struggled with his words, looking at kenma for help.

Kenma nodded, and exposed their feelings. "— I like you Bo. You too, Akaashi." Their eyes widened, as there was awkward silence between them all, and a blushing red kuroo. "Y-you can't say things like that! You're dating—!" Bokuto said, breaking the silence as Kenma interrupted him."It's okay. Kuroo likes you both too. Right, kuroo?"

"Y-yeah.. I really do. I want to make this work, really badly! Bokuto, you're so kind and caring it hurts, and Akaashi, you never cease to make me feel comfortable and safe. So ... yeah."
Akaashi was stunned into silence, thoughts scrambling through his mind until one word stuck out to him, and guided him out of his haze.
Safe.
He felt safe with them. Through the different things he'd went through, he's always felt safe with them. Bokuto helped him feel forever safe in high school, with the different struggles that he probably wouldn't have made it through without him. Kenma and kuroo helped him feel safe in college, and he still feels more safe and secure than he ever had before.

So ... if he chooses to stay in that safety and security, how long will it take for it to disappear?

His thoughts were then paused as he heard bokuto's voice. "A relationship? With all three of you? ..Why wouldn't I say yes?" They released the air of breath they had been holding in for so long, as bokuto gently held akaashi's hand. He caressed it softly as akaashi sat there, stumbling around in his mind, looking for the ray of sunlight he'd suddenly seen after all this time.

Kuroo was the ray of sunlight.
Kenma was the ray of sunlight.
Bokuto was the ray of sunlight.

"It's okay. We're here, 'kaashi."
He reassured, feeling his hand tighten as Akaashi squeezed it back. "O-okay.. Let's do it."

He decided that if he was going to lose all of it, if that safety would eventually disappear..

He might as well spend as much time with it as possible.