19: figuring it out

After a long drive and an even longer story, kuroo parked the car on the sidewalk as they made their way to the front door of the Akaashi estate. While they walked, keiji held his sleeve softly.

"Just so you know, my parents are a bit.. much."
He said bluntly, recognizing the big open windows.

"Don't worry, I can handle them. To be clear, do you mean a good much or a bad much?"
Kuroo asked, getting distracted by the size of the house. "Holy crap.." It was bigger than expected, keiji never mentioned how much money his parents had. In fact, keiji barely mentioned his parents at all.

"Both. High expectations, higher egos." He shook his shoulders, releasing tension in his body before ringing the doorbell. Kuroo could tell how nervous he was, as he kissed his forehead gently. "Everything will be fine, Keiji." Kuroo didn't want him to stress so much about the situation, but there wasn't a lot he could do at the moment. "Right. Totally."
"Damn I wish we could kiss right now." Akaashi said in a calm tone, catching Kuroo off guard and making him look at Akaashi with a bright blush. "gh—?!" Right as what akaashi said processed in his mind, somebody finally opened the door. His mom. "Akaashi, where in the world have you been? And who's.. this?"

Kuroo tried to hide the red tint on his face, but it was evident by the concerned stare he got from akaashi's mother that it didn't work. "K-Kuroo tetsurou, Ma'am." He stuck his hand out to greet her, but quickly put it back down as all he got in return was a confused and slightly insulting stare. "He's a really close friend of mine, I couldn't decline after he offered to drive me." Akaashi responded, one of his fingers slightly tugging on Kuroo's shirt cuff as he spoke. Akaashi's mom looked around the perimeters, before going back to the pair. "Well, okay then. It's good to meet you Kuron. You can.. come in, if you'd like." She then made a sharp turn and walked inside, seemingly hoping they'd follow suit. "..Kuron?" He gave her a swift side eye.
"sorry about that — she sucks at names."
"no, it's not your fault. don't worry about it. it's funny, even."
"well then let's go already, Kuron." Akaashi showed off a soft grin, tugging on his cuff once again as Kuroo stumbled behind him, deeply enamored.

sorry this is kinda short, I just wanted to get something out 😭
lots of ideas for next chapter! - author