🌼 Chapter Twenty Two🌼

Shen Lian yawned and stretched lazily still unwilling to get up.The bed was so soft,he thought lying down again.He looked at the right side and sure enough,it was empty.

   Sighing,he got up and went  to the bathroom.After a few minutes,he came out wearing a thin grey robe which did little to nothing to hide his pale body.He casually walked to the closet and scanned the wardrobe cringing as soon as he saw make up hidden somewhere in the wardrobe.He closed it immediately and resorted to wear the clothes he had brought from the closet.He turned around and went to the drawer picking out a green robe with cherry blossoms drawn on it.

    He picked and walked towards the dressing room.
**
   After breakfast Shen Lian spent some time together with his family after which he went back to his room.

   On his way back,he overheard his father and the dumb emperor discussing.He strained his ears a bit but still couldn't get a single clue of what they were talking about.

   It wasn't until he went a bit closer and hid behind a wall was he able to hear what they were talking about.

    "I've really fallen for him",Wen RuLan said.

   "I know I can see it in your eyes", replied Shen Lian's father gazing deeply at Wen RuLan whose eyes were filled with regret.

  Meanwhile,Shen Lian cringed when he heard what they were saying.He scoffed and turned around going to his room.He simply wasted his time listening in on what they were saying.

**
   You MingLan placed the paper back on the table and sighed deeply.He got up and walked towards the window staring at the courtyard below where several servants were busy.

  Suddenly,the door slid open revealing a beautiful middle aged woman.Her hair was brown and cascaded down her back.

   "What are you doing here?", asked You MingLan.

   "I couldn't find you anywhere so I figured that you would be here", replied Meng Li.

       "What do you want?",asked You MingLan sitting in front of his desk while he gazed at his wife.

   "I heard that a letter came from You Qing"

     "So?"

  "So I want to read it"

    You MingLan said nothing but simply pushed the paper to the edge of the desk so that Meng Li could pick it.

  Meng Li picked up the paper and began to read the letter.Her heart clenched in pain as she read.Her daughter's usual elegant writing now didn't look so elegant.The writing look ed like as if she was rushing to get it done.The paper was even dirty at some of the edges.

   In the cold palace,the status of a royal concubine was even lower than that of servants.They were treated like dirt and looked down on.Meng Li lamented the gate of her daughter.

  "This is all because of that damn concubine",You MingLan muttered in a low voice but Meng Li still heard him.

    "So what are you going to do?",she asked folding the letter calmly.

     "Didn't you read the letter?",You MingLan asked in an irritated voice.

   "You're going to get revenge?"

  "Not just revenge I'm going to make sure that he dies the emperor can do without one concubine anyway"

   "How?"

  "I've sent a letter to the head of the Red Dragon he'll be sending someone to meet with me tonight"

Meng Li was surprised she didn't expect that he would take action so quickly.

   "Why the red dragon even an ordinary assassin is enough to get rid of him.He's just a concubine"

  "That was what You Qing thought when she sent those assasins the last time.We can't underestimate him and besides the emperor and the rest of the royal guards will be there so we need skilled people to get the job done quickly"

   Meng Li nodded thoughtfully,"but what if they fail?"

    You MingLan glared at her,"there's no way they'll fail.Shen Lian has to die for what he has done to my daughter"