Chapter 9

_ . _

Chapter 9

While the Palace of Athens rejoiced at the ongoing banquet of the young king's wedding ceremony, the palace of Olympus felt heavy as a gigantic boulder. The silence of the throne hall was immensely deafening as the gods and goddesses of Olympus stood in pride.

A man was sitting on a gigantic golden throne at the center of the throne hall. His blue, downturned eyes seemed worried, and his thin lips were pursed as he watched his children.

 His blue, downturned eyes seemed worried, and his thin lips were pursed as he watched his children

Zeus
God of Thunder, Father of Olympus

"Athena." Zeus' thunderous, deep voice echoed throughout the throne hall as he shifted his gaze at the woman who was standing beside the pillar, elegantly displaying the golden armor dress hugging her body and a sword and shield on each side of her hand.

The woman, who seemed indifferent, turned her gaze at her father, Zeus; her lips curled into a proud smile as she responded. "Yes, father."

Her other sisters and brothers, except for Aphrodite, were also in the throne hall, watching her make the slightest mistake just so they could pin that tiniest flaw on her in order to mock and ridicule her power as the Goddess of War and Wisdom. Zeus slightly frowned at his daughter. He raised his arm to massage the temple of his forehead before speaking. "Do you have an explanation about that ceremony in Athens?"

Athena let out a scoff. She leaned on the stone pillar before crossing her arms and averting her gaze. "Explanation? Is this an act of interrogation, father?"

"Cease your arrogance, sister!" Another voice of a woman shouted at the other side of the pillar. Her dark phoenix eyes were glinting and frowning at her disrespect for her own father. "How dare you talk like that to Father? Even if you became a mighty god now, be aware that it was Father itself that provided you all the glory!"

Athena laughed in disbelief as she shifted her gaze at her sister. "What now, Artemis? Are you siding with Aphrodite too? Getting jealous?"

 "What now, Artemis? Are you siding with Aphrodite too? Getting jealous?"