Prologue

Lyanna Strong, daughter of Ser Harwin Strong and Lady Malorie Darry, was born three years before Prince Jacaerys Velaryon, and across the realm, whispers were spoken about the likeness of the two children. Both brown of hair with eyes to match and a likeness to Ser Harwin Strong. Of course, it was okay that Lyanna matched a resemblance to Harwin, but the fact that the prince did, was an insult not only to the mighty House of the Dragon but also to Lady Malorie. Instead of staying in the disgusting city that is known as King's Landing, Lady Malorie returned to the ruined but great castle of Harrenhal with her daughter. She would protect her daughter from the whispers of court and her father's lack of duty and honour, choosing to raise her in the traditions of the old ways of House Strong.

All was well until the birth of Prince Joffrey Velaryon. Lady Malorie and the little beauty Lyanna were happy. While there were some rough parts of raising Lyanna without Harwin, Lady Malorie sought help from the servants of House Strong and the faithful bastard daughter of the hand. The return of Ser Harwin and his father brought danger into the cursed castle, a fire that matched the flames of Balerion and took many lives, including the three lives of the House Strong. The fire that calmed Lyanna's mother and father left her in the care of her uncle Larys, but he would rather serve his queen like a faithful bee than raise his niece. Leaving little Lyanna to be raised by the bastard of Harrenhal and the servants of the castle until it was brought to Larys attention that his niece had started her first flowering and was ready to be married off.

Larys would do anything he could to help his queen, including marrying his only family member off to any lord that would take her. But King's Landing is a place where things that don't belong thrive.