Lustful Thoughts

The sun shone down into the Godswood; the warm sun was a contrast to the cool breeze of winter. Two silver-haired Valyrians sat in the company of the dark-haired pup of House Strong. Any on-looker would take the scene as three ladies relaxing, but a closer look would reveal that the straight-haired beauty was a prince.

The positions of the three of them could raise questions, with Helaena leaning against the Heart Tree and her two companions lying before her. Aemond had been so gracious as to bring a blanket for the three of them to lay on, but instead, the soon-to-be lady of Harrenhal took one of the pillows he had brought and made herself comfortable resting upon his shins.

Aemond and Lyanna exchanged books, Aemond giving Lyanna one about the histories of his house while Lyanna gave him one of her annotated books on botany. Aemond had been reading more of the notes Lyanna had made rather than the original contents while gently playing with the few loose curls he could reach.

Lyanna glanced up at the sky, studying the clouds and trying to draw shapes from them. She let her book fall atop her chest. She hadn't been actually reading the words on the page; instead, she focused on the prince she was leaning against. Side glances that she was sure he could not see or would notice, she watched as his jaw clenched and realized, and his nostrils flared.

She found her inability to focus on the book frustrating. Her inability to not pay Aemond attenuation was frustrating. She was a woman grown, yet she felt no better than when she was a child with a crush on the stable boy.

Aemond watched as Lyanna's eye darted from cloud to cloud. The way her chest pressed against her dress as she took a breath, the way her tongue moved across her lips every so often to wet them. The acts were so innocent, yet Aemond's heart reacted more to them than when he had seen a naked woman.

He wanted to hear her voice, for her attention to be focused on her rather than on the stupid clouds in the sky. Prephase, he needed to take to the skies to gain her attention.

"Are my family's histories boring to you, My Lady Strong?" Aemond finally broke the song of the birds, his voice slightly coarse, and he could only regret not first drinking from the glass beside him before he spoke up.

But the words did their job, pulling Lyanna's attention away from the fluffy clouds and towards him. The sun beating down on them had caused her cheeks to turn slightly pink and for a few beads of sweat to develop on the curve of her neck.

Lyanna could see the slight smile on his face, allowing her to know that his question was one of jest rather than serious.

"They are indeed my prince. In fact, they are so boring that I find myself growing tired at the sight of the words," she retorted, a false smile on her face.

Aemond could tell there was more plaguing her mind than just boredom. Her smile was the giveaway. This smile was unlike the others. It did not make her eyes smaller nor reach the apples of her cheeks. It was the same smile she gave Ser Alan in the garden not even a week ago. Had she already grown bored of his company like she had Ser Alan? Did she think he was a brute, too?

"She is homesick," Helaena spoke up, not glancing away from the page she was scribbling away on.

Helaena didn't need to look at the two before her to know that they were exchanging longing glances and ghosts of touches.

"Indeed I am Helaena. I find my yearning for home growing each day," Lyanna agreed, not wanting the Targaryens to know how her feelings were affecting her.

She was indeed homesick to an extent. She missed the embrace of her dearest companions, her uncles and cousins, and the sense of family that Harrenhal had. She missed the smell of ash and moss that would drift through the breeze of ruin.