We're a real couple now

"Sure, she's got it all,

 but baby is that really what you want?"

S03,EP14, Year 2011

    Leslie kissed Ben softly and everything she has been fighting for for so long fell into place. She brushed her fingers in his light hazelnut colored hair while he stopped and smiled. Oh, that adorable smile.  She chuckled and smiled too, her blonde eyelashes flickering while she shily looked up.  His light brown eyes lit up, and it felt like they were smiling too.

   "Why are you staring at me like that?" She chuckled and stopped the eye contact.

  "It's because you're just so perfect. I love you so much and I can't wait for us to finally be together" She looked up and saw him smile sweetly again: he meant every word. She loved how open he was with his emotions, she's always looked for that in a man. 

  " I love you too. We'll be fine! Chris is totally not gonna kill us!" She said as sure of herself as she could, with as cheery of a tone as she could. 

  " He might, but then I'll just throw his 300$ salads out the window." He chuckled at his own joke that he said with that adorably awkward voice of his and he took my hand. 

  "No but really, we'll be fine. Don't worry about it, sweetheart." 

-

  "The trial went pretty well if I do say so myself! Thank you to all who helped us be together!" Leslie said loudly and cheerfully in her usual manner. The parks department smiled back and congratulated the new couple, some hugging her, some hugging Ben. 

   She looked over to her boss, Chris, who didn't seem as mad as she thought he would be at his loss. He glanced to his left and saw her waving at him and smiling awkwardly.  He smiled back, muttering something to the lawyer, paying his respects and saying goodbye, and then turning to Leslie, walking confidently to her.

  " Congrats you two! I'm very happy for you two! Sorry again for all this, it's just the law that I had to follow. I think you two make literally the best couple I've ever seen!"

  "Oh, thank you Chris! I thought you would be a lot more mad at us... you know... with us totally beating your ass in court right about now!" She said smirking cockily at the tall man. 

  " Oh that is no issue to me! Congrats again!" The burn went completely over his head, Leslie thought as she noticed something else. He was distracted.  He was looking at something else over her shoulder but she couldn't notice quite what that was. He seemed almost hurt, but she didn't feel like asking what it is. It was a winning day for her, and that was all that mattered right now. She finally had the man she has wanted for so long: kind, supportive, soft-spoken. The perfect gentleman. Almost as much of an over-worker as her.