Party, Part 2

" We both knew

We can't go without it"

     Leslie got out of the van, to see bright colorful lights exude from the dark building in front of them. Women with shiny dressed and men with colorful suits were going in the bright lit room, their bodies starting to dance to the loud music before they even go in. Tom took the lead and they all went inside the luxurious party. 

      They found a glass table where they could all sit around, and they ordered their drinks. Leslie wasn't really used to this since she rarely did anything besides work, so she felt a little uncomfortable, altough she is always like that, never really relaxing anywhere. Andy, April and Donna went to dance, while Tom talked to some of the people there, his natural charisma in full display, while he made everyone at the party laugh in some way or another.

    Leslie sat beside Ron, who was on his 5th glass of whiskey now, and she admired his persistance to stay somewhere he clearly didn't enjoy being at, for his friend. Then again, she couldn't know for sure if that was the reason, because he barely said anything to Tom all night. 

    Tom looked over to her and smirked, excusing himself from a conversation and moving closer to where she was sitting. 

  " You're not gonna just sit there all night, are you?"

  " It's not like you're doing much partying, you're just standing around and talking"

  " That's because the party was just getting started, you don't know anything cool people do, do you?"

  " Says the guy wearing kids clothing"

  " You're shorter than me."

  " Well you're... you're dumber than me!"

  " You're terrible at comebacks. Come on." He offered her an invitation to dance by giving out his hand. She looked at it for a second then took it, and they stood there for a few moments, their hands touching in what looked like a hand shake. He then pulled her further from the expensive white couch she was standing close to, and into the dance floor. They started moving to the beat, and he laughed at her old fashioned moves.

  " You look like my grandma dancing to grandma music"

  " What the hell is grandma music?"

  " Anything that isn't pop, hip hop or electro"

  " So anything I listen to"

  " So you're not denying you're 80?"

  " At least I'm not trying to be a teenager at 30"

  " I'm 28!"

  " Tomato, tomato"

  He rolled his black eyes dramatically. 

  " I'm getting you another drink. You're way more funny drunk."

  " Creep alert."

  " Gilf alert."

  " The hell is that?"

  He laughed his ass off on the way to the bar as he brought what he knew was Leslie's favorite drink, an icy Pina Colada.

  She thought for a second, then remembered why she's here in the first place and drank the whole thing... in like 10 minutes.

  They danced some more, a lot more, and Leslie finally loosened up, until finally the sun begun setting in the sky and they came to Ron, hoping he was capable to drive. Luckily, he is the man who holds his alcohol better then anybody else in the entire world, so he was perfectly fine as he drove them all home. When he got to Leslie's house, Tom watched his colleague drowsily as she opened the van door. He smiled, a genuine smile, his black eyes lighting up as the morning sunrays fell in the van.

   " Fun night, grandma"

  In her Leslie way, she cherished that moment of genuine friendship from her swagger colleague way more then she should.

   " You too, you wonderful little man!"

  He chuckled one last time for tonight, then fell asleep in Ron's van.