Ch 1: A New Chapter

Y/N

''S-She is not breathing!'' I tried to push the woman as quickly as I could. My eyes fell on the young girl that lay unconscious on the floor. Dust and rubble surrounded us in de midst of chaos. I had trouble concentrating, the screaming, the shouting it was hard for our team to remain in order with all the panicking civilians. 

She is the 5th one already.

I crouched down beside her, a few of my men kept the female away allowing me the space to concentrate. Bending over I checked her breathing just in case, it wasn't there anymore.

''She is suffering a cardiac arrest.'' My comment alarmed the woman into hysterical screaming while the medical team found itself beside me. 

Looking at the young girl it seemed she was suffering from a wound to the head as well, probably caused by the collapsing of the building. I acted quickly tearing the buttons of her shirt to reveal her chest. When I placed my hands down I could sense it, her life energy slowly draining. If I mess this up.....she won't survive.

So I closed my eyes feeling the heating sensation in my core spreading to my palms and gradually to my fingertips. I felt myself connect with her energy, it was a weak flame flickering its last waves. 

A familiar throbbing sensation started to develop in my head. As if I was splitting apart, but I forced myself to ignore the pain. I mustn't lose concentration. And so I started to chant, with slow and low breaths. With careful words under my whispers and my vision, her flame started to grow. The more it grew the weaker I started to feel. 

''Y/N...You're bleeding.'' A teammate whispered. I have done this too much. I could feel a warm liquid dripping out of my ears and nose.

''I'm fine.'' I could endure it longer if that meant that this girl would be able to survive.

''S-She is breathing!'' The medical team had everything ready and when I removed my hands and opened my eyes the girl slowly came back to consciousness. 

''You guys take it from here,'' I spoke. I stood too hastily making me lose my balance for a moment but I corrected my form just in time. There are still a lot of people that need my aid, but right now I too was aware of the fact that I pressed myself too much. 

''Out of the way!'' A familiar voice rang through my head and the moment the owner came into my vision I released myself from the energy I put into trying to stand on my legs. Just in time as I was caught carefully and securely.

''Seriously, you're going to be the death of me.'' It wasn't his usual happy-to-see-me greeting, but his nagging was able to make me smile.

''Just hold me properly,'' I commented resting my eyes. My feet got lifted off the floor and rather quickly I found myself in a comfortable carried position. As I was carried away from the dangerous zone Jungkook his nagging didn't stop. However, it soon faded away as I found myself falling into a slumber.

When I awoke I was in a familiar room, laying in a comfortable bed I longed for. 

How long was I unconscious?

Seating myself up I noticed my injuries already tended to and a delicious smell swarming the air. My stomach acted accordingly growling for what was waiting in the other room. 

''You're awake,'' Jungkook commented with a grim expression. I nodded, trying to get out from underneath the warm sheet, but he quickly tugged me back in. 

''Rest some more. I'll bring dinner when it's ready.'' He isn't looking at me.

''What is it?'' He sighed upon my question. Before sitting on the bed and pressing his head on my lap rather quickly. Once again I placed myself straight only to get a better glimpse at his face. Which he tried hard to hide.