Ch 7: The Alpha

Y/N

''For now, these are enough supplies for the upcoming days, make sure to pick up the rest at the pharmacy.'' I nodded reaching for the bag the nurse held.

''Thank you.'' 

''He still has to come in for check-ups once a week. And make sure to call if his condition changes.''

''I will.'' We both glanced back at Jungkook who was sleeping a minute ago, but this time he seemed to have awoken.

''W-What's going on?'' He questioned. The nurse bowed with a smile leaving the room to give us privacy.

''Get dressed.''

''What?''

''We're going home.'' His eyes grew big with excitement like a happy child and before I knew it he already peeled himself off the bed. 

It was an early morning as I drove back to our apartment, I felt quite a pitch knowing that I had to leave right away due to work. I still haven't discussed any of this with Mr. Lee, but looking at how depressed Jungkook became yesterday. The thought of him being all alone again ached me. So I impulsively pursued the doctor to get Jungkook discharged. With the promise that he will be looked after at home. 

The closer we reached home the brighter his face became. 

''How did you convince Mr. Lee to get you time off.'' Jungkook is well aware of the workload at the agency right now, all hands are needed the most. His injury made it hard for his unit to operate without its leader and we are missing one of our main officials. However Jungkook also knows that he can't stay alone, he needs someone to look after him and help him with his treatment. 

He was the first to enter the apartment and once entering the living room he stopped.

''I didn't.'' I finally replied. Namgi and I exchanged a worried glance. 

''Hey....how are you feeling.'' Namgi greeted Jungkook however the awkward air between them was radiating through the room. It's not like they hate each other but they don't precisely like each other either. Maybe once in a few months, they get along fine when we meet up with everyone for drinks, but even that turns into an argument rather quickly. It's because they are quite the opposite of each other and deep down Jungkook still becomes annoyed about the fact that Namgi used to like me.

''Y/N don't tell me.'' Jungkook ignored his greeting and turned to me.

''I have to get to work soon, I didn't get to talk things over with Mr. Lee yet. But you know how it is at the agency I don't think I'll be able to get two weeks off. I'm hoping for maybe 2 free days a week or early leave from work at night. Namgi was kind enough to help out when I'm not around.'' It's like finding a babysitter for him.

Namgi is still a faithful employee at Mr. Kang his office however he has taken a month off. The last time we talked he told me how he has been spending more time at his sister's restaurant and with his little niece. He took a month off to focus on them and help out during the busy season, but when I reached out to him about my concern he offered his hand. Namgi will always be someone I can rely on. 

''So you're saying HE is going to be nursing me?!'' And here we go. I glanced at my watch flashing a smile.

''Thank you so much Namgi, I'll surely repay you. I gotta go now, guys! Uhm...have fun, please don't kill each other and if anything happens call me!'' I ran off knowing I was already running late. It felt like leaving a cat and a dog in one room. 

The moment I stepped into the car my phone began to ring, noticing it was Jungkook calling I picked up without a second thought.

Did something happen already? Is he not feeling well?