Ch 2: Pilling of Cases

Y/N

It was an awful feeling that crawled on my skin, disgusting even. The fact that this is happening out there right now made me enraged.

''To think they would start developing a drug like that,'' Hoseok muttered from beside me. I still remember that day vividly, the day when Jungkook inhaled a drug type to turn a vampire into a berserk state. Even to this day, it's something that sells occasionally on the market, it comes in pills but even gas. No odor, and no taste so it's hard to detect. That drug is the cause of many cases we have right now, but to think they would develop such a distasteful drug for humans...

Human trafficking became the most largest and prioritized set of cases we are working on. With the day people go missing and it's all the cause of vampires, but to think that mostly it's humans selling those other humans to vampires makes it even worse.

Betraying and endangering your own race like that...

''It seems it leaves a lot of health problems after use. Two girls that got drugged multiple times died shortly after the rescue.'' Mr. Lee spoke. I wanted to look at the pictures in front of us but I simply couldn't. 

Young teenage girls who were drugged with a new product. One that allows a human to become addicted to the pain of getting their blood sucked. They obeyed everything they were told to as if hypnotized. We captured the vampire predators that did this to them, but unfortunately, two of the four girls died because of the overuse of the drug. The other two seem to have fertility problems. They suffered blood loss, and memory loss, there were signs of rape, abuse, multiple bite marks, and tearing off the skin.

''Is it only local in Seoul?'' Jungkook questioned but I shook my head.

''Jooha told me similar cases are going on abroad. They talk about the same type of drug.'' 

''This is even worse for humans that share the rare S classified blood.'' Hoseok rubbed his temple. Cases are piling up and the uprising of this new drug isn't making things any better.

''That's not all.'' Mr. Lee sighed his dark circles remained the same as 2 weeks ago. I'm sure there has been a lot of pressure coming from the government but also the fact that his daughter was born not too long ago. I heard that the pregnancy was heavy and his wife suffered a lot. Right now he is dealing with all of this on top of taking care of his family.

''Shapeshifters were spotted just outside the city. They killed a group of vampires.'' 

''Werewolves,'' Jungkook spoke with a deep breath. It is really true that vampires and werewolves don't get along. Every vampire I know turns hateful the moment you bring them up...I guess Namgi is the only one who didn't show hatred toward them. But then again Namgi is too kind-hearted to judge a person based on their background.

''More of them keep appearing with the days,'' I muttered making the others nod.

'''Don't they belong to a pack? Shouldn't we find out who the pack leader is?'' I questioned but of course, things couldn't simply be that easy.

''There are several packs, and some are just lone wolfs. The truth is the different packs don't even get along well. So I'm sure there will be inner conflict among their kind as well.'' Mr. Lee spoke.

The long-held meeting finally came to an end and we all scattered back to our desks meeting the pile of paperwork that had yet to be finished. This past year overworking has become a regular thing.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jooha

It is still hard to accept the fact that mankind knows of the existence of vampires right now. It came with good and bad traits. A lot of humans protest to get rid of the supernatural sort. They are a danger to the human race. I didn't blame them it's a logical behavior to have. The other side of humankind is strangely open toward their fairytale creatures coming to life. They don't mind and think the co-existence of vampires and humans can be a real thing. So the last 2 years we have been living with the thought ever since the attack against SCI. But giving this a chance caused the criminal rate too steep high, not only in Seoul but worldwide. Even here...the news keeps informing us about missing cases.