Chapter 3: Null

Seven held her side as she walked down the hallway from the lab. She was taken out of Containment and thrown right into experiments. She still had burn marks from the fight a week ago. She walked into the kitchen where Four and Ten were sitting and talking. They grew quiet and looked at Seven when she walked in. Four had blond hair combed to the left with blue eyes, giving him the perfect look of a blond-haired blue-eyed hottie. Ten had flowing periwinkle hair and matching pale blue-purple eyes. Her hair slightly curled around her shoulders. Seven looked over at them. They turned back around and started talking about something. Seven rolled her eyes, grabbed an apple, and quickly left the kitchen. Four and Ten watched as she left and waited for a few minutes before returning to their original conversation.

"So, there is speculation on if Seven was really under Three's control or not. I think she might of just flat-out attacked him," Ten said in a hushed tone.

"She does hang out with Three a lot. Maybe he had brainwashed her," Four said, placing his arms on the table.

"I wouldn't put it past him. He's always trying to convince us that Professor is some evil guy. He might have finally decided that the best way to state his case is to brainwash other people."

"Is that in his abilities?"

"I don't know."

"Speaking of abilities. Apparently, Seven burned One with acid," Four said.

"So her powers are finally showing their true colors. But that isn't natural like the rest of our powers, is it?" Ten asked.

"I don't know. My guess is that's why she goes in for all those trainings. They are trying to figure out what is wrong with her."

Seven looked down. She had her back pressed against the wall and had been listening to their conversation. She knew they would be talking about the incident still. No matter how much time passes, gossip never stops circulating. Seven bit her lower lip and hurried down the hallway. She didn't want to hear anymore. There was no point in starting another fight. She would just get sent back to isolation. But maybe that was better.

"Seven."

Seven spun on her heel at the comforting voice of Eight. It was such a relief to see a familiar face that was on her side. Tears welled in her eyes and she ran up to Eight, embracing him in a hug. Eight placed his hand on the back of her head for comfort and his other arm was wrapped around her waist.

"Are you okay?"

"No. I'm not. You don't know what it's like in there," Seven whispered.

Eight pulled away from Seven so he could look her in the eyes. "Let's find somewhere private. We can talk there. I have something to tell you."

"Seven, Eight. There you are."

The two turned to see Archer walking toward them. Eight took Seven's hand and moved slightly in front of her. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes. Professor would just like to see you two for a moment. Come with me," Archer explained before heading down the hallway toward the lab.

Eight furrowed his eyebrows. "Uh, Archer. Professor's office is in the other direction."

Archer glanced back. "He is still in the lab from Seven's training earlier. He is just running some results. Now come along. We can't keep him waiting.

Archer started walking again. Eight and Seven exchanged looks before hesitantly following him. Eight leaned over and whispered, "They really put you in training right after you were released?"

"Yep."

Eight tightened his grip on Seven's hand. It didn't hurt, but Seven knew he was angered by this. She squeezed his hand in return to help calm him down. They followed Archer to the lab where Professor and Ethel were waiting.