Chapter 11: Water

Two and Eleven watched as Ethel spoke with One, Four, and Ten. They had been acting strange since the attack a while back. But now the two of them knew why. Ethel was worried about their plans. It seemed her plans were different than Professor's. And she was having One, Four, and Ten join her. Two and Eleven headed back to the library. They were using it as a base since Twelve left. The others were waiting inside. They all stood up when Two and Eleven entered.

"What's the news?" Five asked.

"Ethel is planning something. We don't know just yet what that is, but it's not good. We need to distract One, Four, and Ten so the others can't be bothered when they get here," Two folded her arms.

"Luckily, we have two more than they do. However, they are the strongest out of all of us. We need a big place to fight so they can't interfere. I was thinking of the gardens," Eleven said.

"And how are we going to pull them away to the gardens?" Light raised a questioning eyebrow.

"I have an idea. We can tell them that Three is back and in the gardens. That will at least get One to follow. Four and Ten will follow One just because they are eager to fight anything that moves," Two explains.

"So, one of us gets One and the others while the others wait for a secret attack? Sounds like a plan," Light nodded.

"Two is the most likely to get One to go with her, so she will be in charge of that. The rest of us will wait for the signal," Eleven nodded.

"When this is all said and done, we will be able to leave the Facility, right?" Six asked.

"Once this is done, we will be free," Eleven nodded.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Six asked. 

XII   XII   XII 

"You three were made for a higher purpose than what Professor is telling you. He is holding you back," Ethel explained. She was standing in front of One, Four, and Ten. They were sitting in the longue.

"And what of the others?" Four asked. "Are they also made from something higher?"

"No. I worked with you three. I have trained you to be the best of the best. The others are jealous of you and your superior skills. We cannot let them win," Ethel explained.

"What should we do then? I doubt Three and company will stop trying to get in to stop us," Ten folded her arms.

"I am working on rehabilitating Eight. We could use his powers. In the meantime, we need to focus on energy on the Professor. I will take care of him, but we need to be ready for anything. We need to start to exploit his weaknesses," Ethel continued. The three leaned forward, listening to Ethel. Ethel smirked. "Professor is not as big and powerful as you might think. He is still mortal. Unlike the three of you. With the correct training, I believe we can make you immortal. But Professor won't listen to me. He is too concerned with bringing his wife back from the dead. She has been gone far too long that our technology doesn't work. The Professor is growing more and more desperate, slowly losing himself in the process. Now is the time to strike."

"And how do you suggest we do that? I have a feeling the others will start to see something is off and fight against us for Professor," One said.

"All I need is for you three to distract the others while I deal with Professor. Kill them for all I care. You three are the elites. Archer is working on something right now as we speak to help rehabilitate Eight. His healing will prove useful in the fight that is to come. Try to keep suspicions low for now. Everything could go south if we do not have Eight on our side," Ethel explained. She stood up. "Until then, keep the other twelve that remain in line."