Chapter 4: Electric

Twelve looked around the corner and saw Eight walking toward him. He hesitated but walked out to meet him. "We should talk."

"Is everything okay?" Eight asked.

Twelve looked around a little worried. "Just come talk with me. Please. Don't make this harder for me than it already is."

Eight hesitated, giving Twelve a skeptical look, but followed Twelve down the hallway to the library. Twelve made sure no one else was in the library before closing the door and going to his corner which was hard to see from most viewpoints in the library.

"Seriously, is everything okay?" Eight asked.

"Just, hold still for a second," Twelve said, holding up his hand. His eyes glowed purple and purple magic began to swirl his palm and around his hand. The magic flew toward Eight and circled around him. His eyes flashed purple for a second and then the magic disappeared. Twelve lowered his hand and looked away shyly. "Feel better now?"

His mind began to open. He began to remember the hidden lab in the lab and what Professor did to them. He still had something blocking parts of their memories, but he began to remember their time at the Facility. He began to remember all of the horrible things that has happened to him, to Seven, to everyone.

Eight grabbed his head, shaking it. "What the hell happened?"

"Professor gave you new anesthesia. Stronger than I've seen before. I just fixed your perception. At least, the parts I could. Something is still keeping me from the past," Twelve explained.

"How did you do that?" Eight asked.

"It's part of my powers. I don't think Professor knows about that. He doesn't even know that I'm aware like Three and you. Well, you are now. Again. The first time you seemed to push through it," Twelve explained.

"You are aware? You know what Professor has been doing?"

"Yeah. I'm just smarter than Three and learned to stay quiet after the first time. I also know you've been digging. Trying to figure things out. I figured I could help," Twelve shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Yes, that would be great! W-what do you know?" Eight was shocked. Everything was hitting him all at once.

"I found Professor's journal."

XII   XII   XII

Seven watched Five walking down the hall with a smirk. She raised her eyebrow and began to follow her. She found Archer and Ethel and told them something. They hurried off and Five followed. Seven furrowed her eyebrows. This was strange. She quietly began to follow. They walked up to Three. Soon, Five turned and walked away while Archer and Ethel took Three away. Seven turned and began to follow Five again.

"Hey, Five. What's up?" Seven asked, casually walking up to her.

"Hey, Seven. Did you need something?" Five raised an eyebrow.

"Just figured I should catch up with some of you. I don't get out too often since I'm always in training. It wouldn't hurt to get to know the people you are supposed to save the world with, right?" Seven asked, giving a shy smile.

"I suppose you are right. But you hang around Three. You aren't going to turn traitor like he did, are you?" Five folded her arms, glaring at Seven.

Seven was shocked. "He did what? I know he thinks Professor is evil or something stupid like that, but he turned traitor?"

"Yeah. He finally did it. I just watched him attack Professor."

Seven grabbed her arm. Why would Three do that? Why was he acting so weird lately? "M-maybe I should go talk to him. He usually listens to me."