Chapter 29: The signing

Pov y/n

When Wanda is nervous, she starts baking or cooking.
It calms her down and distracts her. I don't mind at all because her food is always delicious.

Today, she seems to be a little extra nervous because she has been in the kitchen for quite a while now.
I totally understand why she is this nervous because I feel the same way. Today is the signing of the accords and even though, she doesn't sign them, she is still nervous about what will happen next.

We have no clue what it means that she decided not to sign them.
I am nervous because I don't know what will happen after Mom signs them for me. To say that I am mad at her for this, is almost an understatement.
I can't really remember a time where I was this mad with her, honestly.

Sure, she says she does it because it's the best for me but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like she takes away my opinion and forces hers onto me and I don't like that at all.
So far, the UN doesn't know who of us will sign and who won't, so I am expecting a discussion about it.

Mom, Rhodey and Tony are all in Vienna right now and we will probably see them on the news later on.
Steve is in England at the funeral of someone. I didn't really understand who it was because he talked too fast but since no one else seemed shocked by it, I suppose it's no one I know.
Sam is somewhere. After the discussion, he said he needed some space and left the compound.
Ever since that day, training is non-existent because everything around the Sokovia Accords needs to be settled first.

The smell of cookies waves through the compound. Well, mainly the living floor, where Wanda is in the kitchen and I am at the dinning table, writing in my journal.
We both need to occupy ourselves, so we don't drive each other crazy over this. I'm writing something between what I feel and a story.
It's basically a short story but contains everything I feel right now and all that stuff. I found that to be quite a good way to cope with things because sometimes it helps me to look at things from a different perspective.

"Do you want some cookies?" Wanda asks and I finish the sentence before turning around to her and seeing her standing in the kitchen, looking a little lost. I get up and make my way over there.

"I would love one." I say and she smiles a bit. She watches me as I take one and bite into it. I hum at the taste and look at her with big eyes.

"They are amazing! I don't know how you do it but wow!" I compliment and her cheeks blush a tiny bit, making me smile softly.

"Thank you. I tried a new recipe and it seems like it was a success." She smiles a little and I nod in agreement.

"A total success." I agree and her smile widens a bit. But when she glances at the clock, I can tell, she is still nervous, waiting for the news to be on.

Her body language tells me, that she wants to be close to me right now and I honestly want that too.
Because no matter how good our coping mechanisms are, we are still the best way to calm each other down.
She twists the ring I got her for Christmas around her finger and once I am done with my cookie, I gently take her hand and she looks up at me.

"I need you right now." She whispers, confirming my observation and I nod, kissing her cheek in thanks for communicating that so well.

Communication is the key to a good relationship but it can be quite hard sometimes, so we started to appreciate it, when the other person communicates.
We also do our best not to get mad or frustrated because the other person didn't express something sooner because sometimes it's really hard to talk about some things and you need to collect a certain amount of courage before you can talk to the other person.