↬ 𝒐𝒏𝒆

⋆﹥───── ❝ 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 ❞ ─────﹤⋆

𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒊'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽

Winter... man, I hate it. Not only was it cold, but everything was dead. What was so beautiful about it? The snow, maybe, I'll give it that. I just couldn't bring myself to understand what everyone saw in it.
"Are you judging the dead trees again?"
I jumped at the sudden voice. Looking over, I met the smiling face of my best friend, Minjun. We had known each other since secondary school and have been attached at the hip since. However, as we got older, especially now in University, she was still as annoying as ever.
"I'm not judging, just wondering what people see about winter that makes it so special..."
"That dear is judging."
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes before looking around the classroom; not many were there.
Minjun just shook her head before taking her seat next to me and pulling out her laptop. Maybe getting a head start was a good idea, but really what's the point if it's just going to leave me with nothing to do later? Man, it was always the same endless loop... was I really bound to live this normal mundane life? I groaned as I threw my head back, gaining the attention of Minjun and a few others.
"What is it now, Nari?"
I turned my head to the side, looking at Minjun before staring back up at the ceiling.
"Do you really think we're just meant to live such a boring life?"
"Not this again!"
Minjun groaned, causing me to smirk. She rubbed her forehead out of annoyance. I mean, I do ask the question almost every day. Because, really, what is the point of living a normal, boring life?
"You watch too many movies."
"This has nothing to do with movies!"
Sitting up straight, I turned my body to face her.
"What's wrong with wanting a little excitement in my life? I hate this same old tedious loop."
I rambled on as Minjun just listened with a bored expression, but my attention was diverted when someone sat their stuff down on the other side of Minjun. It was our other friend, Taehyun.
"What's up?"
"Just Nari complaining about life again, you know the norm."
Minjun shrugged, causing Taehyun to chuckle as he pulled his chair out and sat down.
"Who knows, maybe some random stranger will come into your life and shake things up."
Taehyun joked, causing me to roll my eyes and focus back on the front of the classroom; both of them laughed.
"You guys are bullies!"
"Don't be such a baby about it, Nari."
I huffed, ignoring them as the professor walked into the room.

By the time lunch came around, I was already done with the day. Luckily, my last class of the day was canceled due to weather complications. Now I just have to leave and go home, but what am I gonna do? Probably ended up working on homework. Sighing, I trudged towards the school doors.
"Why so down, Nari?"
If life could get any worse, the answer would be yes because Yunho decided to waste my time.
"That's none of your concern Yunho."
"Come on, don't be like that..."
He pouted, and it took all of my willpower not to glare at him. Trying to be civil, I just walked past him and out the doors.
"Don't you have class?"
"Yes, but that doesn't mean I can't walk you to yours beforehand."
There it was, his pointless flirting. At this point, I'd lost count of the times that I had rejected the boy. Yet he still continues to try, whether he's just obsessed or doesn't know how to take a hint.
"My class got canceled, so I'm heading home."
I looked over my shoulder at Yunho. He stood there with his hands in his pockets. I would be lying if I said he wasn't attractive. However, it was his attitude and obsessive behavior that turned me away. His cheeks started turning red due to having no protection against the harsh winds, and the disappointed look didn't go unnoticed either.
"You should get inside before you freeze."
I told him before I turned back around and walked down the pathway. The wind was horrible; it was cold, kept blowing snow into my eyes, and did I mention that it was cold?