↬ 𝒔𝒊𝒙

⋆﹥───── ❝ 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 ❞ ─────﹤⋆

𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒊'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽

"You first."

I told Hyunjin without taking my eyes off the ceiling, knowing my face was still red. Who knows, maybe he can still see me in the dark with his vampire powers... I cringed. Nope, never saying that again.
"About earlier... you don't hate me, right?"
His question took me by surprise, and I turned my head to look over at him. Even in the dark, I could still make out his features.
"Of course not. What makes you think I would?"
I mean, I was scared, sure, but I think any normal human who was in their right mind would be. It's not every day that you walk into a room and see someone... eat...? A dead animal...
"It's just you looked so scared, and this is so much to take in..." He paused as he turned his head to look at me, "especially on such a short notice."
"Hyunjin..."
I turned my body so I was facing him fully. He then did the same. We sat in silence for a moment while I tried to gather my thoughts.
"This is definitely going to take some getting used to, but I'm more curious about you."
"What do you mean?"
He tucked one of his arms underneath his head, then ran his fingers through his hair with the other. I just admired him. He was beautiful... handsome, everything.
I hadn't realized that I was staring until he reached out and poked the tip of my nose with his finger.
"You never answered the question."
Blinking a few times, I met his eyes shyly, pulling the blanket up to my chin.
"I want to know more about you, what you like, things you don't, places you've been and places you want to go, your favorite food, least favorite foods... everything."
I cut myself off when I realized that I was rambling on, embarrassed, I covered my face with the blanket. Hyunjin just chuckled, I then felt a tug on the blanket, but I didn't move it.
"I want to know more about you, Valentina~"
The name slipped off of his tongue like butter, my breath hitched in my throat, and my heart started beating like crazy. As much as I don't like the name, hearing it come from his mouth makes my stomach flip.
"I'm going to sleep!"
I gasped as I pulled the blankets over my head, hoping to hide the flustered state I was in. However, Hyunjin just covered himself as well. We lay there for a moment in silence, staring at one another.
His hand reached out, grabbing my chin. He ran his thumb over my bottom lip before leaning closer. My eyes fluttered closed as he got close, but nothing happened... He sighed, and I could feel his breath fan my face before he let go.
"We should probably get some sleep."
He said before he uncovered himself and turned to where his back was facing me. Confused, I just stared at his back for a moment. Was he going to kiss me? My eyebrows scrunched at his reaction. Why'd he pull away?
More thoughts filled my head as I turned to face the opposite direction. Maybe some sleep would help...

I was wrong, so wrong... sleep didn't help at all. If anything, it just made it worse, I kept waking up to weird dreams that I can't even remember. I was dead tired the whole school day, but then there was Hyunjin.
Neither of us said a word to one another the whole day, any time I would try. He'd make some excuse and walk away from me. This, of course, gained a few confused and concerned glances from both Minjun and Taehyun.
I was finally relieved when the day was over. However, when I walked out of the building, I was met by Changbin.
"Come on. I'll drive you."
Oh, that's right... Chan was coming back to the house to explain things.
I nodded before we walked to his car, which was parked on the far side of the parking lot. He didn't say a word, and I wasn't in the mood to start a conversation. When we got to his car, he unlocked it before looking over at me.
"Where's Hyunjin?"
His question caught me off guard, causing my head to snap up and meet his eyes.
I shrugged as I opened the passenger seat door, "I don't know. He disappeared after class without a word."
Changbin just looked at me. However, I just got into the car, shutting the door. It wasn't long before he got in as well. Starting the car, he backed out before leaving the school's parking lot.
The ride was quiet for the most part, besides the soft music playing through the radio, but then Changbin cleared his throat.
"Did something happen last night after I went to bed?"
I stayed quiet for a moment, trying to figure out what to tell him. Should I be telling him? I mean, he is Hyunjin's friend... Sighing, I started twirling with my fingers, not looking at Changbin.
"We were talking and then..." I paused, trying to find the words, "I thought..."
Sighing, I pinched the bridge of my nose. How annoying... Why do I feel so emotional about this? It's not like I like him... right...?
"I thought he was going to kiss me,"
When those words left my lips, I could feel my face grow warm, and Changbin's body went stiff.
"But he pulled away, then today he hadn't said a word to me... even when I tried to talk to him, he'd make up some kind of excuse to leave."
Changbin glanced over at me with a troubled expression. Both hands gripped the steering wheel tightly.
"Idiot..." He mumbled, causing me to look at him, "You shouldn't be crying over him."
Crying? I reached up and touched my face, and sure enough, there were tears falling down my cheeks. Why was I crying? Quickly I wiped my face trying to get rid of the tears.
"I'm not really good at comforting people, but I'm sure he'll come around, alright?"
Nodding I put my hands in my lap before turning to look out the window. It was snowing once again, adding more snow to the already growing pile.
Then my mind started going back to Hyunjin. Did I do something wrong? Should I just give him space? But what if he takes that the wrong way?
Ugh!!! This is all such a mess! I just wanted to go home and sleep for the rest of the week, maybe even the year.