Chapter 10

_ . _

Chapter 10

As the sun rose in the west, the sky started to brighten. The palace of Athens was quiet, unlike yesterday, where the servants were already preparing at dawn until dusk arrived. The garden was peaceful; a whisk of sound was heard from the sharpness of the garden scissors that the gardeners use to trim the bushes into a particular shape. The hallway was also the same. The maids were careful not to echo in the hall as they whispered to each other with a smile on their faces.

The main palace was also quiet. It's not because it's empty. In fact, there are already a few servants cleaning all over the palace, but they didn't dare to make a sound. Amidst the silent cleaning, Bithia and Tacia entered the main palace hall, glancing at the servants, who were mindful of the noise as they cleaned.

One of the maids lifted her gaze at the two. She smiled and bowed to greet them with respect: "Priestess Bithia, Priestess Tacia, good morning."

"Ah, yes. Good morning," Bithia replied with a smile. "How's the situation? Are they already awake yet?"

"No, not yet, priestess," the maid answered. "We're trying to be silent as to not wake his majesty and the lord. They must've been exhausted from the celebration last night."

"Ah, yes! Yes!" Tacia said with a low giggle. "We should prepare their breakfast. Inform the chefs to cook, and if his majesty and milord are still asleep, ask them to keep the breakfast warm."

"Understood, priestess." The maid bowed once again before rushing to the kitchen hall.

"Hmm..." Tacia pondered to herself, then turned to Bithia. "Sister, I don't sense Marcellus' presence lately."

Bithia arched her brows. "Ah, that demon from the underworld that goddess Athens sent to protect his majesty? I heard from the temple that titans are getting rampant again because of God Hephaestus. I guess he went there by the order of the Goddess."

"That's quite troublesome," Tacia said with a frown. "We can't afford to get the Titans here at Athens. Many innocents will perish if that happens."

"Yes." Bithia nodded. "I hope so."

While the servants are busy doing their business in the main palace, the large room on top of the palace is so chaotic. The mattress of the bed, which was applied perfectly last night, was not crumpled on the floor. The candles that were placed on the table are now scattered on the floor, and the pillows are all over the huge room where there are two men fighting against each other. One was like a cat hissing in hostility, and the other one was like a fox as calm as the sea. It was two different creatures that seemed to obviously dislike each other.

"Fuck! I'll kill you!" Samael fixed the edge of his night robe and looked at Erichthonius with his bloodshot eyes. "Come here, asshole! Let me slice your throat!"

"Ha." Erichthonius sighed in irritation and combed his hair as he glanced at Samael with a frown. "What is wrong with you? I didn't touch you that much at all."

"So you did touch me!" Samael exclaimed as he picked up the empty candle holder. "Fuck! I'm so pissed!"

"........"

"Argh! If it weren't for those Athens wedding ethics, I would've sliced your throat right now!" Samael yelled in rage. "Give me permission to kill you right now!"