Chapter 24: Deep thoughts

As my life fades in this crazy world, I rest in this bed. I feel the presence of love ones and friends. It's funny actually. How people can act like you don't exist and treat you badly until you are about to die. They only would care if they knew you are leaving this world. But I knew Cam always cared. Of course he would. Does anyone else actually cared? I'm think Matt would but after all we been through... I'm losing hope.
Cam POV
" Calm down, Cam!" Emily shouted as she cried. I was going crazy, losing control.
" Emily, it's been three days. I almost lost her many times... " I said as I sat on the chair. Matt, Nash, Emily, and I decided to visit Tori.
" When we were little, I always picked on Tori," I chuckled," but she knew that I would protect her. And I protected her... but not enough."
" You did the best you can, man." Nash said.
" It's not our fault, it's Toby's fault." Emily said.
" His name is Harold." I coughed. Matt shifted in his seat. My eyes fixed on him as he looked at me.
" Matt." Nash said.
" Yea." He said, looking at Nash.
" Were you there?" I asked. Matt looked down.
" Matt!" I shouted as I stood up.
" No." Matt said.
" You're lying." I said as I towered him.
" Cam, calm-" I cut Emily off.
" Tell me the truth or give me a reason why I shouldn't send you to a hospital room like you did to Tori." I growled.
" I was there, okay! I tried to stop her..." Matt said. Nash pulled me back to my seat. I stared at Matt.
" Can you tell the full story?" Emily asked.
" Okay, Tori was in the pier and she was crying. I tried to help and I apologized... She told me that she missed me and that's when I kissed her. She pushed me away and walked. I was shocked, hurt. I ran after her but a truck pulled up by her. I knew it was Toby. I called after her but she just went in-" I cut Matt off.
" Tori isn't stupid enough to go in Toby's truck. Tell me the real story." I said.
" I am!" Matt said. I tried to get up but Nash held my arm.
" Maybe Tori didn't want to deal with Matt." Nash said.
" She could have ran!" I argued.
" Maybe she needed a quick runaway." Emily said. I calmed down a little as I thought about it.
" So what happened to Harold or Tony?" Nash asked.
" He got what he deserved." I mumbled. Everyone stayed quiet. We heard the heart monitor beep every half second. I'm scared that it will go off, showing me that Tori died. I watch my sister, lay in that bed.
" Please, come back." I whispered to her as I held her hand.
Tori POV
I thought about how I use to be.
The girl who wasn't the idea of what people wanted me to be.
Mom wanted me to be a doctor. Dad wanted my to be a lawyer. Emily wanted me to be a cheerleader. Cam wanted me to be myself.
I was never those things.
I use to be overweight and what people called "ugly". Everyday, I tried losing it to make people accept me. I should have been happy and live my way because nobody cared. They would still tease and bully.
Matt POV
This is my fault.
That sentence repeated in my head. She is in the hospital again... because of me. When I say I'll protect her and care for her... it never turns out right.
I cheated on her. Caused her pain and sadness. Hurt her physically, emotionally, and mentally.
I'm a monster.
Yet, I love her or I just want to be loved. Tori shows that I was her only love and throughout my awful ways, she stood there and waited for me.
I'm a wreck to be honest. How can I live like this?
The kiss came in my mind. When she ran away and went in the truck, it was because of me. Why couldn't I just leave her alone? Cam has every right to be mad at me.
I look at Tori. She looked so peaceful. More peaceful than being out there.
I remember our talks, the one I wished never happened.
( Flashback )
I watch Tori look out the window. Her beautiful brown hair was in a messy bun. Her glasses was on and she wore her pajamas.
" What are you thinking about?" I asked as I hugged from behind her.
" Just thinking about..." She stopped herself.
" C'mon, tell me." I smiled as I sat by her. She didn't smile back. She didn't even look at me.
" Matt, you know... you know how my past was horrible. I have a feeling that... that it's not over." She said.
" Tori, your past is the past. I promise your future will better." I said as I held her hand. We stayed quiet for a minute.
" One day, you won't see me. I won't leave your life. I'll just leave mine. " She said, looking down.
" Tori, please don't say that."
" I'll be in a hospital bed. It would be peaceful and I would be happy. I would think my life over and realize my mistakes-" I cut her off.
" Tori, please don't talk like that. Don't even think about that." I said as I pulled her into a hug.
" Better said than done." She said.
( Flashback over )
I didn't realize the tears. I wiped them away.
Tori always hated herself. She never felt confident. She was afraid to wear my hoodie or shirt because she would always say that she felt uncomfortable wearing people's clothes. I knew what she meant. And I hated when she would think that.
" I wish I can turn back time." Cam said. I looked at him.
" Forget about that Magcon thing and stay home with Tori. Our family would be better. I would have fixed everything. Tori is the most important person in my life. Why did I chose that over her? " Cam continued.
" Cam, Tori wanted you to do what you love. You always wanted to be in movies and it's happening. " Emily said.
" Sometimes I question if I picked the right choice." Cam said.
Everyone stayed quiet. Is this it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey!
So for Tori's POV, it is just her thoughts about everything in her life.
Just wanted to point that out. And sorry for the late update. I'm still coming up with new ideas for the next chapter.
Check out my other fanfics. My new one is:
Sing Me to Sleep
It's about a girl named Lana that use to be in a relationship with Shawn Mendes. After Shawn was discovered and was going on tour, they knew that their love would have to end. Lana's world changed. She became depressed and suicidal. But it wasn't just the break up... so much more happened. Now, Lana is trying to push Shawn away for her life.
Thank you for reading!