Chapter Four

__ LITTLE PEARL

CHAPTER FOUR               𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

CHAPTER FOUR 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

"Dear Rhaenyra,
this is the first letter. In these three moons, Varyna learned a new Word and that is Daddy. She sees me already as her father and I am very proud of that. She also had grown a lot! With every day here she seemed to be happier and feel freer. Sometimes she asked me who her real mother is. And I always answer her, that she is a beautiful woman. I just want to tell you how proud I am of your daughter and relief that she is now mine.
Your uncle Daemon Targaryen

Dear Rhaenyra,
Our little girl is always running. She runs and runs and runs. Dragonstone is no longer safe from here. She is such a sweet girl and I love her. I want to thank you to give her to me.
I also have a sad message the little girl is no longer asking for you and I think she doesn't think she has a mother. We would come to King's Landing, but I know it's too dangerous for her. So I hope we could meet someday.
Your uncle Daemon Targaryen

Dear Rhaenyra,
Varyna started to learn High Valerian. She's doing a great job and I'm very proud of her. We have found her a dragon now. We called him Morghe. It means Dead, but I think you already know that maybe when we visit Kings Landing someday our little girl will tell you the story behind the name.
Your uncle Daemon Targaryen

Dear Rhaenyra,
You gave me my little dragon 12 moons ago every time I see her she reminds me of you she also has some characteristics of you. She's a beautiful lady and a lovely princess. Still, she is always running through dragon stone. And drives the Haindmaids out of their minds. You were also like this when you were young, I remember that. Sadly, I would say, she also has some characteristics of Crispin. I hope you feel all right and you don't miss us too much.
You dear uncle Daemon Targaryen

Dear Rhaenyra,
Varyna can now speak full words of high valerian. And also, because I am her father figure, a little bit of sword fighting. She has grown much and is now as tall as the middle of my thigh. We are very happy together, but she still misses her mother.
You dear uncle Daemon Targaryen

Dear Rhaenyra,
Today was the first-day Varyna rode Caraxes herself. She did great, like you back then as a child flew through the air. Of course, I sat behind her, but she flew herself. She and Caraxes have a strong bond with each other, as she does with Morghe.
Your dear uncle Daemon Targaryen

Dear Mommy,
hello, it's Varyna who is writing. I can already write and read like this and even High Valerian! Daddy told me you are my mommy. But why aren't you with me? I miss you, mommy. Can you come here and braid my hair like my friend's mothers are doing it?
Your daughter Varyna Targaryen

Dear Mommy,
it's been two years since we left Kings Landing. I love to run through the Castle and play with Morghe. He is a very sweet and brave dragon. But a bit big for the Castle because he is Vhagars, son. But I love him and daddy always said this is all that matters.
Your daughter Varyna Targaryen

Dear Mommy,
Daddy is always telling me stories about you and I miss you! He also let me braid his hair sometimes! It's perfect for that! And Laena is braiding my hair from time to time! Can you believe that? It's wonderful to have her here.
Your daughter Varyna Targaryen

Dear mother,
Laena is always there for me, in a couple of moons she will be marrying my Daddy! Today she and I had tea together and she told me about your husband Laenor her brother. I already feel like she is a part of my family. When I told daddy he was happy for me but also a little bit sad. I don't know why? Could you write me back? You never do... I want to meet you.
Your daughter Varyna Targaryen

Dear mother,
My daddy and my new mommy are married now and I am very happy about that! They also have some surprises for me and I am very excited! Daddy is always telling me that I am very mature for my four years old and that I write like you when you were little... very formally.
Varyna Targaryen

Dear Rhaenyra,
I just want to inform you that our little dragon is now seeing Laena as her mother. I am very happy that she found someone here by her side and that she is accepting her.
I hope we can meet someday and she finally will see you as her real mother. Maybe it's the thing that you never wrote back to us and she so only now from my stories how you are...
Your uncle Daemon Targaryen"

Rhaenyra cried when she read the last two letters. She missed her little dragon even though she didn't meet her for a long time. She looked at her sweet baby boy. It hurt her to don't have the girl also by her side to be happy about her little brother.

Tomorrow was the breakfast with the whole family like Viserys is calling it and every time it hurts her a bit more to not have Varyna there.

----------
A small chapter from Rhaenyra's point of view. I hope you liked it so far!

𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝟎𝟑.𝟎𝟑.𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑