Chapter Fifteen  

__LITTLE PEARL

CHAPTER FIFTEEN                 THROUGH THE THROAT

Varyna woke up from a nightmare. She was sweating and her heart was pounding.

She looked around her bedroom, trying to remember what had been so frightening. She couldn't recall the details of the dream, but she remembered feeling an overwhelming sense of dread. Varyna got up from her bed and made her way to the window, looking out at the night sky. It was a beautiful sight, but it did nothing to assuage her fear. She felt like something was watching her.

Frightened she took a slow step out of her chambers into the dark corridor.

Her heart was pounding as she was on her way to the dining room to see if there was something to drink.

She started to relax and then she heard noises. Curious what it was she quietly followed the steps.

When she walked around some corners she saw her sisters and Rhaenyra's sons. She was about to go when she saw Aemond also standing there looking mad.

He was talking about something that had happened and Varyna heard her name. She stepped back in the shadows not wanting to be seen.

Aemond seemed to be planning something but she wasn't sure what it was. She stayed there for a tea more minutes and was about to talk to them when she saw a Valerian Steel Dagger in Lucerys hand. As quickly as possible she ran forwards to protect Aemond.

It didn't matter that she was still angry at him for not responding to her letters or ignoring her on today's evening. She didn't want him to get hurt. Varyna heard her sister's screams and then a sharp pain through her face and her throat.

She and the prince both fell to the ground. Not able to breathe regularly her left hand gripped her throat. She felt nothing only the blood streaming down her face and her throat. She had tried to protect the prince but now he was hurt as well. She failed.

She just lay there and did not move. Her heart was beating slower and irregularly because of the pain. Her breath was the only thing she heard. Varyna didn't feel her sister's tears and hands on her.

The twins were frightened that their sister was about to die. It was their fault. They started it but Varyna shouldn't jump between the knife and Aemond.

A few more minutes had passed before a knight finally arrived. It was Ser Harrold Westerling the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

When the knight the prince and the Princess saw his heart stopped. Both of them were full of blood. The whole floor was overlaid with it. Aemond thankfully still moved a little bit and moaned in pain.

But Varyna just laid on the ground not moving not even shivering or anything still and like dead.

The only thing that showed that she still was alive was her unregulated breath. It was not strong just a little bit.