¯⁠\⁠_⁠༼⁠ Chapter 1: Where It Started ༽⁠_⁠/⁠¯

|| Late RQ! Sabre Pov ||

I was anxious, scared because the person infront of me is someone who I once knew as my best friend along this dark journey. It was his end of the story, it wasn't fair... Why do I always have to lose everything, when all I want to do is help?

I tried everything, from convincing to begging for him to turn back and stop his evil ways on following Void, but it was all gonna be useless in the end anyways. Why even try anymore..? Maybe because I still want to feel the hope that one day.. one day I can get Rainbow back.

"Don't do this Rainbow steve, this isn't you," I cried out in desperation, the rainbow colored steve stood still as lightning struck what we once called home together. They broke the barrier, the thing that kept this place safe.. I can't believe this was happening, is my best friend really betraying me?

I didn't even hear what Rainbow was saying at this point, my mind was completely empty and everything around me seemed was so.. blurry. I had no idea what was going on anymore, it seems my connection to reality had disappeared.

Even though I can't hear what Rainbow was saying, I had a feeling about it since I saw the two henchmen of Void appear beside my former friend. I didn't want to show vulnerability, seeing my enemies infront of me, but I was terrified with the haunting smile on Rainbow's face.

I held my forehead, groaning in both frustration and also terror as I tried myself to hear clearly again. It wasn't working, and it seems my behavior had also catched the attention of the others. Something seemed off, as if this wasn't apart of the 'script'.

I stood there, confused and seemingly paralyzed. I was unable to tell on what Rainbow or the two henchmen are saying except for few words using their lips but even then, I didn't know what they were rambling on about.

This.. This all felt so strange. I felt extremely tired all of a sudden and fell to the floor. I wasn't able to hear anything anyways, maybe this had something to do with my.. My vision then turned to black.

|| Balancer's Pov ||

It's been awhile since I've seen all the balancers together and since this was an emergency, I knew I was forced to teleport everyone here. With the use of my ultra sword and a huge patch of grass, I started to throw lightning at the area I wanted them to be sent in. "Okay, it seems to be working! Although some are farther away then others," I informed.

One by one, everyone was now gathered up and I had to address the situation before they start to get upset at me for doing so without warning. I was about to explain before I lost my voice, not metaphorically but literally. I couldn't say a single word, it was as if I was mute, which I wasnt.

Time muttered something, I couldn't tell what it was but it is some sort of warning. I was surprised when there was a sudden strong current, to which nobody expected and was pulled into some sort of wormhole.

The other non balancer steves didn't seem to be affected by it, so it seems my people were the target of this strange dimensional rift. Every balancer got sucked into it, except me and Unbalance. We simply gave eachother a small nod as if communicating via body language, he then jumped into the portal and I followed with.

Once inside the portal, it was very eye straining from the mixed up vibrant colors and disorienting, as if the world is spinning. Everything stopped in an instant, feeling myself land on a rough surface as my back ached. Opening my eyes, I saw a bright cyan eyes stare at me for a moment before lightning struck and I felt gravity shifting to my new location.

|| ??'s Pov ||

Upon wandering around, a red steve is seen taking the lead and is hidden between the bushes. It then signals someone to come out, which turns out to be.. me, ofcourse. A more shorter red steve following the taller one, the one in the lead.

"Why are we supposed to be going out here again? I thought I was already perfect on my training yesterday!" I start to complain, anyone could tell that I didn't like going out due to my social awkwardness around people.

"We're here to scout for resources, no training for today. You still have to recover after discovering your fire." He remarked. We were now in an open field and I tugged his shirt, causing him to look at me. "We shouldn't be out in the open.." I said with concern.

My mentor then stopped in the center of the field, gently pushing me behind him. "...What's going on? Why did you stop?" I asked, taking a peek and saw different colored steves, some even a mix of colors, infront of us.

"And who are you?" My mentor questioned the mysterious people who trespassed the territory, all seemed to be in a variety of colors. Our people didn't take kindly to those type of people, especially people who looked infected with darkness.

"Who are you?!" One of the weird colored steves demanded in a rather aggressive tone, which clearly agitated my mentor more. "First of all, I asked first. Second of all, I don't take that kind of rudeness to people you just trespassed the territory of."

I could tell my mentor could hear me mumbling words such as, "That man looks insane.. They look like they're cosplaying as a chicken!" My mentor broke his tough facade for a second before confronting the strangers before us.

My mentor glanced at me, as if telling me to use the thing I was trained for. I then pulled out my bow, aswell as an arrow from my quiver to equip along my bow and pointed it at the strangers. I had to be cautious, seeing I was still new to the concept of using bow and arrows.

"Trespassers, I'm warning you to get out of this forest. You are not welcomed here and never will be, if you don't listen the I'm afraid I have to take further action." I warned the group of strangers, not pleased at all. Me and my mentor are outnumbered, I'm certain we couldn't take all of them out so we had to be prepared for an attack.

"Why are we in another universe? Did someone take us here or...?" A cyan colored steve with a strange diamond shape on their back asked, seemingly confused on their surroundings as if they didn't walk here.

My mentor took out his own sword, ready to fight if they ever decide to attack. The trespassers then took out their own set of strange yet unique looking weapons, the situation seems to get more worse. At the time, I didn't know how dangerous it was at that time from how young I am.

"If my universe's logic in this universe still counts.. Then the Red Steves are both very possessive and aggressive when it comes to what they own." Someone loudly whispered to the others, which I so happened to overhear and became offended.

"Ey! We are just trying to protect what we own. You guys would do that do too, right?!" I couldn't help but fight back, upset by what I heard. There was clear aggression in my voice, I didn't take criminals lightly. "If you had strangers in your territory, then you'd probably be upset about it to!"

"Kire. It isn't in our list of things to do to fight people, we are only here to collect herbs." My mentor got my attention by elbowing my arm roughly, causing me to look up at him and I quickly snap back at him. "But we can't just leave the strangers alone to roam and possibly destroy our luscious forest, can we?"

"Fine, I will hold these trespassers in the meantime. Kire, warn the king of these people and tell them my current location. You already warned them, right?" My mentor whispered right beside me, I nod in response to his question as I had already warned them earlier. He didn't break eye contact with the strangers.

"Mhm... Wait, which part of the forest are we in anyways?" I paused in my tracks, looking at my mentor for one last time. Leaving him alone wasn't a good idea but then again, who would tell the king? Plus, I'm not an expert in fighting yet so I surely wouldn't stand myself. I then cut off my thoughts, hearing my mentor say, "Just tell that that we are in the middle of the forest beside the kingdom!" Mentor said, I ran back to the kingdom.