¯⁠\⁠_⁠༼⁠ Chapter 3: Archive ⁠of Steves ༽⁠_⁠/¯⁠

This chapter contains dark topics, please take care of yourself while reading this or avoid it completely.

─────────

|| S𝙹𝙹リ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ʖᒷ ᔑリℸ ̣ ᔑ⊣𝙹リ╎ᓭℸ Pov ||

I took a deep breath, These prisoners are the most noisiest ones I've had in my three years of a guard, why was I picked? Why wasn't that other guard chosen instead of me. I thought.

The 'steve' looking like a maniac while wearing a chicken looking attire was yelling at me to let them go, to whom I didn't bother to listen to. A Steve who seemed to be their friend, was just staring at me ominously.

"I am not in power, nor do I have the status to do actions that might cause this kingdom's collapse. That is the leader's orders, not mine." I sounded emotionless, although I didn't mean to sound bland. I instead stared at a wall infront of me, still talking,"But I can talk while you're waiting for leader's decisions."

"So... Who's your leader?" The rainbow steve sitting besides the chicken 'steve' asked, which made me irritated at such an obvious question. I then replied in an obviously pissed off tone, "Huh, I really wonder who it is, hm? Not like it's the red leader or anything."

"Oh... I just thought it was something else, like Nightmare steve or Dark steve.." The rainbow steve seemed saddened, possibly because I have insulted them. Pathetic, this steve didn't know how to toughen up. "No, I'm not talking about those steves, although Dark steve did play a part along the dark times."

Some of the weak looking prisoners looked at me as if I've just unraveled the world's deepest and darkest secrets, which I didnt. There were things more worse then what I was about to inform them on, which I couldn't disclose at the moment since they are just prisoners.

"I guess I have to explain," I cleared my throat in a somewhat dramatic, cliché way, "Legends say that decades ago, when the world was new to everything and surprisingly even before darkness existed.. That didn't stop wickedness though, as a leader infamous to treat their people as if they were not the same, wanted to unlock the power for themselves."

"They go along the name of Red Leader, yeah, it unfortunately was my own race who had first done every capital sin you can imagine. Every steve knew there was something up with him, but even so he was chosen as the future leader for a great kingdom."

I continued on with my rambling, since I was upset on having to keep it to myself after so long and the numerous times of hearing it. "Everyone was weary, expecting him to attack them at any moment but all the leader caused to the other races are make them unprepared for what struck them next. Darkness. It was a horrible disease with no cure to be found, but even after the downfall of many towns, everyone blamed us."

I took a deep breath, slightly tilting my head as I found a couple of steves already crying. I wasn't even at the most distraught part of the legends, they aren't gonna survive out there, I'm sure. "Apparently, the Red steves are to blame for their leader's doings so practically everyone tried to erase our existence."

"Although this did start a war within the colored Steves, or what other odd steves call as 'Chromatics' to differenciate eachother. Hundreds of steves wasted their life for their race," I paused before making my voice quieter, "There were no winners and I'll assure you, there will never be any."

"Don't trust anyone you see in an instant, you never know anyone's intentions. Especially in this world, where war is like a wild spreading disease." I leaned against one of the pillars holding the underground dungeon, trying to ignore all their blabbering. "Only the Chromatics battled and while the Biome steves joined, but only for a short period of time compared to the majority." I blurted out, no one expected me to talk without warning.

"And did the war ever ended?" One of the odd steves with a black, cyan and white terribly merged color asked me. I sigh in annoyance before forcing myself to repeat myself despite wanting to choke the steve at this instant, "War is like a wild spreading disease, do you get what I'm implying or are you just that naive with cues?"

"Hah... HAHHA.... They only care for them but the leaders don't care for their people!" Speaking of cues, I had no idea what the disoriented rainbow steve was saying. "Mhm, as if you aren't speaking nonsense yourself." I responded, easily provoked by simple wording. It was typical of me, as I am a Red steve and also because I have terrible anger issues since I was young.

"Someone broke the treaty made by the old heroes, nobody knows who exactly since everyone pointed at eachother. Keep in mind, the Red Leader died before the treaty was made so there was no way it could have been them. In a short summary, there are no 'safe' zones." I explained, intending to make them hopeless for whatever reason.

"War isn't an everyday thing, so why are you acting like it is? It isn't good to live in constant fear, why is nobody trying to fix it?!" Another one of the blind fold wearing 'steves' spoke in concern, but I simply pushed it away and replied. "Why continue to reflect on it though? As mentioned, this has been happening for far long than I can remember." I stop myself before I go ranting about my personal life to complete strangers, "But then again, you're not from here, huh? None of you know anything on how this works."

I was pulled out of my continuous rambling when I heard a loud sound emanating right beside me, I went to check but it's just someone banging their head on the wall. I rolled my eyes, before seeking a comfortable spot.

"So.. what about you? What happened at the time of the war that got everyone.. like this? Which side did you choose?" A very talkative, light bluish steve asked me a lot of questions and no, their color technically isn't cyan or atleast it does look like it is. The steve peaked my interest though, since they seem to have no care in the world.

"I'm not special, I was created centuries after the major war took place. If I was alive at that time, I wouldn't be hear at this moment talking to people like you which I would appreciate if I did exist in that war.. so I can finally stop talking to people who need to relearn history lessons."

After that sentence though, a loud siren blasted the underground area. Something seemed to be going on up there and I wasn't looking forward to find out what it was, yet the alarms were loud to point I had to cover my ears but even that didn't work. I looked around in panic, the room turned red then back to its original color. The alarms were something that no one missed, as the prisoners were alarmed by what was going on. "What's going on out there?!" One of the prisoners questioned.

"Do I look like I have an answer? More less a clue of what is going on? I've been guarding your asses the entire time! Plus I'm not going out there to find out, I'm not payed enough for that crap." I answered but I could tell barely any of them heard me, since the alarms were deafening.